LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

distressed (software engineer)     06 March 2012

Need help

Me and my wife married for second time .
Wife called ex husband impotent and lost the case in highcourt as cruelty on her part to call husband impotent.
mine  was divorce on mutual consent.
we are married for 6 years and have a child 5 year old.
my wife has run away from the house while i was on a trip to India . and remains uncommunicative several attempts to reconcile have turned futile.
She keeps dodging marriage counselling and wants me to vist  a pschiatrist in her hometown only incidently her parents are doctors.
I happened to get  the certified copy of her divorce recently  and in that also she had played the same drama asking her exhusband to go to a pschiatrist
and then they claimed him impotent. The allegations of her exhusband was that she was a depression candidate and she has also accepted it to the judge.
and also the allegations of her ex husband was that She used to get up in the midnight and do meditation and its a long laundry list which is similar to what
i observed in her also.
She is plagued with religious dogma .

My wife is repeating the same story with me now but this time its a different ailement she calls me pschiatric case.

I am well established professionally have no such issues.

my son is a US citizen its been a 1 year and i am waiting patiently she will change her mind and come back but they are willing to come forward to any reconcillation.

She has informally lodged the issue with womens right activist that she had to runaway due to domestic violence. but so far nothing.
we also talked to the womens activist and asked her to see if she can ask my wife to reconcile she said she cannot talk to us as she is bound(dont know what that means).
There was no dowry  taken and no sreedhan also zero.

What are my options?
since i am a resident of US
Can i file RCR?(She has already sent me a email stating i need to go to a psychiatrist in her homwtown and if the dr says ok then she will come and stay with me and i also think she is doing this for sole child custody).
Can i divorce in US?
how can i get get my child 

Learning

3 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     06 March 2012

RCR is a waste of time, money and energy.

File for child custody showing her mental ability or lack of it.

If you want divorce, file for it. Rest cross the bridge once you come to it.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

1 Like

distressed (software engineer)     07 March 2012

Is the US DIVORCE Valid in India  like if i file divorce on ground of desertion which is 1 year in US

Can the custody order granted in US be enforcable in India?

I have heard  male child  aged 5 yrs father gets custody?

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     07 March 2012

No, US divorce if uncontested is not valid in India.

Also, US child custody orders are also not enforceable in India unless the child is a US citizen.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register