LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rakesh kumar (team leader)     01 March 2012

Blackmailed through 498a

My marriage was held on 2-6-2010 with Soni Kumari, D/O Radha Prasad Sinha, East Anwar Pur, Hajipur, Vaishali. After marriage i have got that my wife is taking medicine that is presecribed by pshychitris.

When i had asked about that from my father in law i have not received any satisfactory answer. Despite of that i consulted with a good pshychitris in Delhi, where i was working.

After three month my wife stopped the medicine on the advise of doctor. After one year i found that i was misguided by father in law and my wife is behaving with me abnormally. 

I have consulted with pshychitis and found that she has been suffering from schizophrenia that can not be cured, but she can live normal life, if she take medicine regularly. Even some time she was asking that she can commit sucide when treatment was on initial level.

I was also blackmailed by my  father in law that if she commits sucide i will drag you in the court. In fear i filed a case of divorce at my native place purnea.

Despite of this we still want to live together. But my father in law and brother in law is blackmailing me.

Learning

4 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     01 March 2012

Suffering from schizophrenia as a sound ground for a decree of nullity. Whether the disease is curable or not does not make any difference. Where in due course the disease is cured, it would not affect the question of validity of marriage.-Tulsi Bai v. Manoharan 1990 (1)HLR 318

1 Like

but u have to prove that there is no unnecessary delay in filing petition.

rakesh kumar (team leader)     01 March 2012

Please guide me that how can i safe my family from false 498a and Dowry case.

there is no surefire defence against a false 498a.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register