Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nishi Jha (Associate Director)     29 February 2012

Right to claim on father's own property

Hi,

My father bought a property during his employment with government body.  He has three children, two daughters (both married and blessed with children) and a son (married and blessed with children).  Now he has sold his property and planning to buy another property in a joint name with his son.  I want to know since he has already finalised a property to buy.  We (daughters) feel we should also get some money out of this sale as when this property was bought we also sacrificed few comforts during our childhood and we being part of the family should have some percentage of money.

I would like to know whether we have any right on the same or we are on his mercy if he would like to give something to us or not.  What shall we do so that we get some share out of this sale. 

Please treat this as urgent and reply as soon as possible on my email id nishijha_23@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Learning

3 Replies

Shantilal Pandya ( Advocate)     29 February 2012

Madam ,

You have no  case  for claiming any interest in the property  which is self acquired  by your father , your father has evry right to  dispose it off  in the manner he likes. the fact that  you have contributed  your comforts  and were part of the family   has hardly any relevance,however unless it is proved that the  prperty  is  a joint  family  prperty  and you are   members of that family  and the   property was acquired   from the joint funds, you  do not have any interest in the property  

1 Like

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     29 February 2012

Concurring with what has been said above - having no rights in his lifetime - you'd obviously get a share at the time of his death provided he does not dispose it off

Pushpa (house wife)     19 March 2012

Please read the stroy and sugget us what to do

Attached File : 784874397 personal.doc downloaded: 135 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register