Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Kumar Sinsinwar (Instrcutor)     26 February 2012

Non parental property but purchased by my grandfather

Dear Sir,

My Father has three brothers, but My Father and my uncles are belongs to two diffrent mother. My GrandFather live with my Father. Problem is that My Granfather has a property which is not parental, it is puchased by My GrandFather. My Uncle's bechaviour is not good against my grandfather. Now My grandfather wants to give the above metioned propery to my father or gave (transfereed to my father by registry).

My question is that, is this possible that My Uncle's can claim that property or that property is not claimable.

how?

Please suggest me about metioned above property.

Learning

1 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     26 February 2012

Dear Querist, 

Since as you say the property is solely owned by your grandfather for which he provided the funds, and the funds were not out of some ancestral property, he is free to do whatever with it as he desires. He can execute a gift deed in favour of your father, or make a will to that effect (which will take effect after his death) however if he dies without a will or gift deed the property will automatically go to all brothers and your father. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register