Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj (Engineer)     19 February 2012

Matrimony home?

Dear members,

Please clarify me on definition of Matrimony home.

Until my child was born my wife was with me .we were very happy. after her elivery in her parents place she refuses to come back and join me. instead she is expecting me to join her in her place of work. in the mean time she refuses to show me the child until i leave my job and join her at her place. 

Please clarify me whether law allows wife to set matrimony home? 

how should I respond in such a situation? what will happen if I file RCR in Family court?

Learning

10 Replies

(Guest)

MORE SERIOUS ALLEGATION YOU WILL CHARGE LESSER WILL BECOME CHANCES OF COMPROMISE. GO AND JOIN HER AND FULFILL HER LITTLE DESIRE. SHE MADE YOU A FATHER. NO ONE WILL CALL YOU FATHER EXCEPT YOUR OWN CHILD. FOR THE FUTURE AND WELL BEING OF YOUR CHILD NEVER LEAVE HER, MAKE YOUR MARRIAGE A SUCESS BY FULFILL HER WISH. 

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     20 February 2012

@ General

Classic case of PPD (baby blues, postnatal depression)

Rx -

Take extended leave from job and be with her and the newborn as her closest  support and steadily gain confidence that everything will be all right and then she will herself be ready to come back with child with you to her matrimonial home. We understand it is a hard decision to take such as extended leave from job(s) but then she should not have been sent to natal home in the first place even be it customary practice!

It may last 1 to 3 months to a year or so and is very common with new mothers but hardly recognised early now-a-days in nuclear families of urban
India.  Support / forming support group is the healing part in most of these cases with moderate medications. Divorce etc., is not the step one shall take or think of nor legal remedy should be approached in spur of moment or out of frustration.

3 Like

(Guest)

Isn't it cruel ... to deprive the father to see his new born baby?  She may be suffering from PND but what about her parents ... what's their behaviour ???

dr.pawan rajyan (member and secretory)     20 February 2012

wait for one year(duration starts from sepration) silently or try for amicable settlement involving elders of family. never file rcr ,it will backfire mostly. if in due course she wouldnot return then file for child custidy/visitation.NEVER FOLLOW SHALLY'S ADVISE.,IT ONLY RUINS THE RELATION.

dr.pawan rajyan (member and secretory)     20 February 2012

wait for one year(duration starts from sepration) silently or try for amicable settlement involving elders of family. never file rcr ,it will backfire mostly. if in due course she wouldnot return then file for child custidy/visitation.NEVER FOLLOW SHALLY'S ADVISE.,IT ONLY RUINS THE RELATION.your home is the matrimonial home for your wife in the eye of law.regards

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     20 February 2012

shally karloopia

what kind of advise is this !!

1 Like

Alok Tholiya (self employed)     22 February 2012

There is something wrong in ur office according to her. Solve that fear/ myth and u will see the change. 

rajiv_lodha (zz)     22 February 2012

@ alok!

Only if something ACTUALLY wrong in ur office!.............................

I see something wrong rather in her head

(Guest)

@ Alok,

I fully agree with Rajiv, It is a futile attempt to connect it with office. Correct yourself. She must come to your home. Do not do any thing under pressure or black mailing. It is plain black mailing. Her parents must be injecting some bad thoughts in her mind. If she is a sensible girl, she must join you immediately.

1 Like

Raj (Engineer)     28 February 2012

Thank you members.

My wife and me are absolutely fine, but her sisters and their husbands are playing tricks and aiming for some benefits.My wife is innocent, she doesnot know whome to belive and whome not to.So they are using her to achieve their undisclosed demands.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register