LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramya Velusamy (Analyst )     14 February 2012

No show up of lawyer

After 18 years, the court ruled us in our favor that the disputed land(in Tiruppur district) belongs to us. The court appointed a commission to demacrate/survey the land. The opponent lawyer did not show up on the appointed date for survey. We know that it is a delaying tactic and we have set an other date to survey for now. we do know that the opponent lawyer is not going to show up again. 

1. Can i file a complaint with the court so that the concerned lawyer can be held in contempt of court before the second date ? 

2. What can i do to make sure that i can finish the survey on time and get legal documents? 

Thanks, 

Ramya 

Learning

5 Replies

M/s. Y-not legal services (Advocate)     14 February 2012

you dont worry ramya., the commissioner will give you a proper notice..

without issuing notice to you he/she cant visit the property..

dont worry

-tom-

Tom - 

Does that mean that the commission will slap a notice on the opponent lawyer for now show up ? If so, How many no- show ups does it take to slap a notice ? 

Thanks, 

Ramya 

if you need any more help mean you can take my sister's help., she is practicing at tirupur.. -tom-

Thanks. I did want clarification regarding the previous  reply.  So when will the commission slap a notice on the lawyer. Is there a possible way that i can go ahead with the survey in the absense of the opponent lawyer. 

Thanks, 

Ramya 

1 Like

after served notice to the opponent advocate, surveyor can visit the property., whether the opp' party or advocate present or not., its not an issue.,

-tom-

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register