LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sai ram (manager)     31 January 2012

Summon to job place

Under IPC Sec 506 part 1 and 417 case has been registered for my boy friend for cheating and false promise of marriage. I would  like to know whether the FIR copy can be send through the police to the job place. How we have to send the information. the fraud  person who is still giving attendance after he came out from jail on bail at police station. He is seriously searching for a girl through matrimonial site. Let me know how to inform both the places regarding his cheating and fraud that he has done.

Learning

7 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     31 January 2012

Summons will be sent to him. FIR copy cannot be send thru.., the police.

how to intimate his job place about his fraud

how to intimate the matrimonial site that he is a cheater and a fraud. He has almost lived with me in the name of live in relationship for two years and now after informing at home he just changed his words and made me bad before my parents and others. after that only i filed a case which he was jailed. Then his parents continued to ssearch a girl for him. can we send the fir copy to the matrimonial site

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     31 January 2012

@ Author

1. In our opinion you should be forgetting all these.
Reason: You entered into this live-in relationships with your wide open eyes for 2 years and your parents knew this and when two consenting ADULTS enter into such arrangements of economics they should also be prepared to come out of it quickly as well as their parents should not have allowed especially their daughter to enjoy free fruits from such non legal relationships which has no legal sanctity before eyes of law. 2 years is not a short time especiallyfor a girl to hide a live in relationship and let us not make India truely ape western culture. Your parents committed first mistake going against law of the lands and blindly encouraged your live in relationships and  then today you are continuing that same mistake of your life by launching baseless laws and chasing your partner who is gone for good now from your life.

The boy has not cheated you. He is doing right thing now to search for a bride for himself to properly get himself married as per his religious laws and to settle down with a 'wife' not with a "live-in women" !. You were not right material for him so it seems which he realized after 2 years as in a live in relationships such relationships entry and exit beauty is such.
Reason: In Live in relationships there is no guarantee of bond between two partners till death do us apart nor there is a legal sanctity granted to it yet and it is just fly in - fly out refreshed feeling scenario for either partner(s).

Now, place yourself in his position and suppose you would have walked out of him after 2 years of live in relationship and spread bad words before his parents would LAW GIVEN HIM SAME TREATMENT under same usage of IPC Sections? Before replying to this question ask your Lawyer to place a Judgment before this forum on similar set of facts where a boy got justice out of a live in relationships walk out by his female partner. Now, if your lawyer and you cannot do that then what you are doing now is called "misuse of law' after a non-legal nature honeymoon of 2 years.  

BTW,
in case of doubt what our solution would have been for a boys message before us on similar facts / brief’s lines, then our answer in live in relationships would have been the same as advised above to a women now out of a live in relationships.

1 Like

(Guest)

@ Author Sai Ram

1. The fact that you have quoted two sections of the Indian Penal code, makes one feel that you have already retained an attorney of records who has convinved you beyond a reasonable doubt that you have a case- whoa !! . Am I correct in inferring this ? 

2. Perhaps, this move of litigating may give you some solace from getting back at him legally but do you think this will make him change his mind and instead of shopping around for another lady, he will come back to you - unlikely but not ruled out.

2. You have not mentioned  if this  live in arrangement has led to you getting pregnent ? If there is a child of unmarried parents in the making, perhaps, there may be some legal remedy for the protection of the child.  Details may help solicit other remedies from the readers, as it appears from a credible Advocate that there is no legal basis to legalising the live in relationship.

( Unlike countries like US, where a live in relationship is legally recognised and you get benefits equivalent to married couple, such as medical, health benefits, tax benefits. It is called as " Domestic Partner". Want to be the first one to write to the law commission with an appeal ?? - there is always that first one to lead the way.Again, there is no gurentee of the relationship - if one of the partners move out, the domestic partner relationship is dissolved and either parties cannot claim benefits. Homes*xual and lesbian relationships are also legally recognised as domestic partners. We are a vee bit away from calling a human and animal living together as a family. It is not uncommon to see people kissing their dogs and even sleeping with them - irrelavent, but gives a perspective )  

3. Perhaps, the suggestion of Tajobs of inviting your attorney of records to this forum and thrashing the statues so quoted may well give you a perspective of what to expect as the case drags forward. 

( May save you money, time and a REALITY CHECK).

Curious- why your advocate didnt add "criminal breach of trust or breach of trust" to this suit ? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 506 of Indian Penal Code

Punishment for criminal intimidation.-Whoever commits, the offence of criminal intimidation shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both; 

If threat be to cause death or grievous hurt, etc.-and if the threat be to cause death or grievous hurt, or to cause the destruction of any property by fire, or to cause an offence punishable with death or [imprisonment for life], or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to seven years, or to impute, unchastity to a woman, shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to seven years, or with fine, or with both. 

CLASSIFICATION OF OFFENCE

Para I: Punishment-Imprisonment for 2 years, or fine, or both-Non-cognizable-Bailable-Triable by any Magistrate-Compoundable by the person intimidated .

Para II: Punishment-Imprisonment for 7 years, or fine, or both-Non-cognizable-Bailable-Triable by Magistrate of the first class-Non-compoundable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 417. Punishment for cheating

Whoever cheats shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to one year, or with fine, or with both.

Disclaimer: I am not a advocate/lawyer/law student. Matter submitted as is with no gurentees, warranties or accuracy claimed. Use at own risk.

Akshay Khanna (Middle Management)     10 February 2012

I came to know through some sources that my wife has filed for a divorce...checked it online and it revealed that on 14th nov. she has filed for one...in pune where we had gotten married...she did seak once about divorce with mutual consent but nthng after that....she has been staying with her parents since mar last year and has refused to come back to my house in mumbai....i assume the summons must have gone to my earlier residence and must have been returned as we shifted house...what if she sends it my office? what if i am not there on that day and it is returned? would it land me in a big trouble...she has filed for divorce under sec. 13 1 i a...what's this for? need urgent and sound help....what should i do... 

Chaitanya_Lawyer_Mumbai (Lawyer)     10 February 2012

HMA sec 13-1 ia is divorce on the grounds of cruelty.

Summons must have been sent to your earlier residence & returned.

Let her know about new residence address,so that she can resend the summons to your new address instead of office. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register