Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priya Chaluvadi (HR assistant)     30 January 2012

Legal help for my troubled mother

Dear all,

I will be very grateful if anyone can provide a concrete advice.

My mother lives in Lucknow and gets my father's pension for affording all her expenses, food etc. My brother's house is just outside my mother's house and full day his kids stay in my mom's house but my brother and sister in law do not support my mom in any way. I have asked my aunt to stay with my mom as my mother is alone and not in good health. She has diabetes, heart problem, one kidney is also affected and some years ack she also suffered potts fracture. She is week and old. My brother's wife daily insults, abuses, fights with my mother for some or the other petty reason and sometimes for no reason and now has also started turning violent. She last week pushed my aunt who fell down and picked up a flower vase to beat my mother. My sisiter in law says that my mother should leave her house and go away as she wants the house.

I am married and working, my sister in law calls me up also and fights with me every now and then but I dont say anything only thinking that if I will react she will misbehave more with my mother. Recently, she threatened me to file a case against my mother and get her arrested for doestic violence and abusive language (which is all lies).

Please advise me how can I save my mother from the daily abuse, insult and violence from my sister in law. Also to mention that my sister in law is an advocate and has been married to my brother for 11 years. Please advise and help as I  feel very helpless.  

Learning

13 Replies

chandra mohan (power)     30 January 2012

this is the actual case of domestic violence to filed by ur mother and threatening case by u agnst them. if ur story is true then here DV case applies exctly. Not that wife pulling husband in false DV case. u go to ur native and just Sl** and Ki** ur brother for not attending to ur mother. and file the cases

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 January 2012

It is a pity that ailing mother is not being protected and supported by her son (your brother), that too post the death of her husband (your father). She is suffering although she should be supported by the son staying close to her.

Every city police has a special cell for senior citizens and women. A complaint may be lodged with police commissioner and I/c of concerned police station.

Your mother should throw the offender son and daughter in law out of her will and get the registered/probated. If she wishes and you agree she may sell the house and stay with you.

If pension of father is not sufficient she can demand maintenance from this son.

You should spend quality time with mother, and drill some sense in your brother.

In such situations intervention by elders, persons of social repute, an area councillor helps and moreover they shall be the witness in future.

Kindly go for the most suitable solution and support your mother.

MANISH NARANG (LAWYER)     30 January 2012

HELLO,

SIMPLY DO THESE THINGS TO SAVE YOUR MOTHER FOR FURTHER HARRASMENTS.

1. GIVE WRITTEN COMPLAINT TO LOCAL POLICE STATION INCHARGE- BRIEFING ALL FACTS.

2. TAKE HELP OF ANY (N.G.O) THEY ARE ALWAYS READY TO HELP ELDER PEOPLE.

3. YOU CAN SEND YOUR MOTHER TO ANY OLD AGE HOM, WHERE SHE CAN LIVE IN PEACE

AND FEAR LESS.

4. YOUR MOTHER CAN ALSO PUT CASE ON YOUR SISTER IN LAW.

5. YOUR MOTHER ALSO CAN CLAIM MAINTENANCE FROM YOUR BROTHER.

6. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR MOTHER NEAREST RESIDENT WELFARE SOCIETY.

7. HIRE SOME MAID TO HELP YOUR MOTHER.

8. STING SOME PHOTOS OF YOUR SISTER IN LAW AT THAT TIME WHEN SHE IS HARRASING OR FIGHT

WITH YOUR MOTHER, AND SHOW THEM TO POLICE.

1 Like

MANISH NARANG (LAWYER)     30 January 2012

HELLO,

SIMPLY DO THESE THINGS TO SAVE YOUR MOTHER FOR FURTHER HARRASMENTS.

1. GIVE WRITTEN COMPLAINT TO LOCAL POLICE STATION INCHARGE- BRIEFING ALL FACTS.

2. TAKE HELP OF ANY (N.G.O) THEY ARE ALWAYS READY TO HELP ELDER PEOPLE.

3. YOU CAN SEND YOUR MOTHER TO ANY OLD AGE HOM, WHERE SHE CAN LIVE IN PEACE

AND FEAR LESS.

5. YOUR MOTHER ALSO CAN CLAIM MAINTENANCE FROM YOUR BROTHER.

6. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR MOTHER NEAREST RESIDENT WELFARE SOCIETY.

7. HIRE SOME MAID TO HELP YOUR MOTHER.

8. STING SOME PHOTOS OF YOUR SISTER IN LAW AT THAT TIME WHEN SHE IS HARRASING OR FIGHT

WITH YOUR MOTHER, AND SHOW THEM TO POLICE.

Ranee....... (NA)     30 January 2012

This is how law is misused.

Your mother can file a DV case on your sister-in law making your brother a party of the case.She can claim maintenance also from your brother.But filing cases in this age would make her life hell.Better she should sell her part of the property and stay in a rented house near you with a maid or you can keep her with you.

(Guest)

@ Priya

Can you share your mothers age ? Is she a senior citizen ? 

The law commission of India adopted a motion and passed a bill for maintenance and welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens in 2007 hereto referred as the Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens Bill, 2007.

@Manish Narang, Advocate

Please quote legal statute for your post: 

5. YOUR MOTHER ALSO CAN CLAIM MAINTENANCE FROM YOUR BROTHER " 

Thanks

Adam

(Guest)

@ Priya

Sometimes, to deal with the devil, send the dracula. 

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     31 January 2012

Originally posted by :Ranee.......
"
This is how law is misused.

"

@ Utpala

1. HOW law is misused as you say abv. Clarify in whichever language you feel like to we the generic public are listening such single tunes for quite some time !

OR

Do you want to say that when a MIL files DV suit against a SIL the DV Law in reference gets misused or Law in general is misused in such usage !

Further OR

3. Is it only birth right of a metro WIFE to file a case and rest females (MIL / SIL / Daughter / Sisters / Aunts GF's/ Keeps) are lallu panju kya............

I encourage explaination from you to us your incarnation of 'misuse inference' above or you want your Advocate brother; Kushan to explain your point of view on behalf of you now, as you said in one of your earlier / recent messages (read as hint to us) .............make a wise choice now [& I am comfortable with either persons response] :-)

@ Adam

it is....

for 4. Under DV Act
for 5. Under S. 125 CrPC

2 Like

Ranee....... (NA)     31 January 2012

tajobsindia, author wrote

Recently, she threatened me to file a case against my mother and get her arrested for doestic violence and abusive language (which is all lies).

Please advise me how can I save my mother from the daily abuse, insult and violence from my sister in law. Also to mention that my sister in law is an advocate

I wrote those sentence for DIL only how she is threanting to file false case to harrass the old lady.MIL can properly use Bharat Ranta against DIL in this case and I wish her to do so!

You perhaps did not read my whole reply because.............

Lawyer: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?
Witness: No.
Lawyer: Did you check for blood pressure?
Lawyer: Did you check for breathing?
Lawyer: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?
Lawyer: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
Witness: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
Lawyer: But could the patient have still been alive nevertheless?
Witness: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law somewhere.

:P:P(source Shonee kapoor...FaceBook) 

YOGESHWAR. (ADVOCATE HIGH COURT-criminal /civil -youract@gmail.com)     31 January 2012

Both of these people are on bail, let them first come of their criminal cases than balme the legal fraternity.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     31 January 2012

Originally posted by :FOR you, properact@gmail.com
"
Both of these people are on bail, let them first come of their criminal cases than balme the legal fraternity.
"

First learn proper legal English writings then jump in. Who are both of these two people out on bail get enlightened yourself first oh cheque bounce case LEVEL advocate.

1 Like

(Guest)

I agree with MANISH NARANG advise.

Utpala said,"This is how law is misused"

Yes, As  an advocate (sister in law is an advocate and has been married to my brother for 11 years.) misused the law.wife cannot claim any right of occupation in the property owned by her in-laws as a "shared household" as defined in  Section 2(s) of this Act of 2005 entitling her to live there as a matter of right.Here its all about evidence ,Facts,laws and hearing of the both parties ,reports,etc.and judging both of them ,who guilty or not .Right now looking to the stories we can only  say that she is misusing law .

But here what tajobs said that not only advocate wife but the general tendency of metro wife (nature)

3. Is it only birth right of a metro WIFE to file a case and rest females (MIL / SIL / Daughter / Sisters / Aunts GF's/ Keeps) are lallu panju kya............

Ha ha !!:P

1 Like

MANISH NARANG (LAWYER)     31 January 2012

HELLO FRIENDS,

SO, I JUST WANT TO SHARE ONE THING THAT WE (ONLY ADVOCATES) ARE HERE ONLY TO GIVE

THE ADVISE. WE ARE NOT HERE TO JUDGE THE NATURE OR STORY OF ANY PERSON.

IT BECOMES OUR DUTY TO CHECK ALL THIS WHEN WE CONTESTING THE CASE IN PRACTICLE.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register