LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aishwarya (Teacher)     25 January 2012

Plz advice

I recieved a facebook frnd request few days back..and the profile is in my name and has certain info that is actually about me..someone may have created my own fake profile..

how to get this deleted.?

ive seen thrs a report block option there..but it reqires my phone number..is it safe to report and put my phone number on fb for getting fake profile deleted...?

plz advise..

Learning

12 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     25 January 2012

That is why I never join facebook. Sorry i am not in a position to give you the answer.

Aishwarya (Teacher)     25 January 2012

quite considerable option ...

(Guest)

Shocked! I have never experience that type of problem .As of a friend I have searched through internet and found this PDF file which is given by Face book.

A Guide to Face book Security. Carefully read the page 11 which is about   Stopping Imposters.

I don’t know what browser and antivirus you used. My advice to you; use Google chrome or Firefox 9 ver. and antivirus like Kaspersky internet security (used since 2009)

@Aishwarya

Here is a A Guide to Facebook Security PDF file in attached ;

Attached File : 978593438 a guide to facebook security.pdf downloaded: 143 times
1 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     25 January 2012

You can issue a notice to the same person to delete this account.

If the same is not deleted within reasonable time, you can lodge a complaint with your local PS for identity theft under provisions of Indian IT Act.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com
1 Like

(Guest)

Here is a Facebook’s   Privacy  guide.When i am new to facebook i use this guide .I hope this guide will helpful to our lci members.

Attached File : 978604862 facebook guide.pdf downloaded: 111 times

Ranee....... (NA)     25 January 2012

dangerous matter!

should be handled seriously.

(Guest)

Dont worry .... Indian government is sooon going to ban facebook and google . Both facebook and google have been served notice by the court .... so why bother ?? :-)

1 Like

Aishwarya (Teacher)     26 January 2012

thnku all for the advice

..ive done the needful as per the facebook security process..rest am hopin it gets blocked or may vanish soon..

else il be here again if i dont see things dissapear in resonable time for further guidance..

Arvind Sehdev (Advocate)     01 March 2012

the day govt. bans google many IT companies shall undergo a very huge change....

Google is too hard to ban and almost im[possible to ban.. cause then they will ban Android phones.... Google simply cannot be banned... Indian Govt. don't have balls to ban google...

if they do then my friends this is an IT age nobody cares what govt. officials say or do...  No govt. is indispensable.... Judiciary shall witness PILs from indians all around India... So Google is too hard to ban...

Arvind Sehdev (Advocate)     01 March 2012

Now I am noticing... dats a lot of google and a lot of bans I wrote in my previous post... :D

Sentimental over GoOgLe :)

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     04 March 2012

There won't be any blanker ban aka China in India.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Arvind Sehdev (Advocate)     04 March 2012

hmm u are right there Shonee Sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register