LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Radhey (Owner)     11 January 2012

Wisdom & cleverness-difference?

Wisdom & Cleverness--Considered wrongly one & same thing, Wisdom is that, which gives birth to every Great thing in this world. Everything that is scientific or artistic.

Cleverness is just an immediate patchwork, without any conscience/ ethics, gives birth to everything that is politicised.

Now let us see whether we are Wise of Other-wise/Clever.

Participate please.........

Learning

14 Replies

Dr.Chandran Peechulli (Chief Consultants)     11 January 2012

Wisdom & Cleverness:  Varies.....as to where and how well, an individual focusses upon the same as  perception of every 

individual, varies from each other.                                  Wisdom is quantifying the quality of good knowledge/thoughts on the repective subject, that is stored for the future. Cleverness is more to the application of the sparkling thought of the mind/considered for a given situation, strategically , spontaneously applied valuing the precious-time.  It is therefore differentiated to give more thought in the future as it is never the same. Wisdom can be quantified for the good thoughts that an individual person has gained over the times, who possesses are highly intelligent as intellectual intellectual and so on.....that, which gives birth to explore great things  in this world. Everything that is scientific or artistic in approach.

Cleverness is not just an immediate patchwork, but a timely clever solution not without any conscience, as Radhey says, since nothing moves without conscience, which is the movement of the thoughts in the individual's mind.  Ethics, are manners inculcated to behavioural science, for a good human society so that others sentiments are not hurt. Politicising is grouping with self-interest, gives birth to everything that is politicised with vested interest.

Now let us see whether we are on the pathway to "Wise of other-wise Clever".

Radhey (Owner)     11 January 2012

Wisdom & Cleverness:  Varies.....as to where and how well, an individual focuses upon the same as perception of every individual, varies from each other---Agreed.

What so ever you have attributed to Wisdom, hence is agreed but whatsoever you have attributed to Cleverness is also Wisdom for me, hence is disagreed.

And everything does not come out of the Conscience, Conscience is the inner Consciousness and if you will dig deep, this Consciousness is connected with the Cosmic Consciousness which guides in the right positive direction, positive for the Cosmos But the Cleverness is merely selfish, it is an Outcome of the Mind not conscience.

Oscar Wilde: -- 'I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.'

OSHO---“Cleverness is always a barrier. And it is not intelligence it is a false substitute. An intelligent person is innocent. You can cheat an intelligent person very easily, but you cannot cheat a clever person because the clever person himself is a cheat. So never think that cleverness is of any value; it is based on fear. The logic behind cleverness is: if you don't cheat others, others will cheat you. So remain clever and always protect yourself, and before somebody attacks you, attack them, because attack is the best defense. This is the logic of cleverness: always pretend that you know, even when you don't.”

“They have to be clever, cunning, imaginative, dogged and wily, whereas society merely has to lean its weight a little.

“How clever you are, my dear! You never mean a single word you say.

Now let us see whether we are Wise or Other-wise/Clever.

Dr.Chandran Peechulli (Chief Consultants)     14 January 2012

I feel, tackling a given situation efficiently in a given time is also cleverness, considering Limits and Tolerances with application of knowledge and presence of the mind, a timely spontaneous solution, I am always conscious and sure that you are also, conscious of what we do, in the mind and the body,  which is therefore also an outcome of wisdom. A clever person need not be a cheat. Cleverness in application of the right technology also achieves, viewing within the limits and tolerances, in his sphere of working, all in the positive direction, applying tactics to the tune of necessity without causing harm or damage to others. Pretending to be clever cannot be said as cleverness, a clever person is always an achiever. Cheating is not cleverness

Dr.Chandran Peechulli (Chief Consultants)     14 January 2012

When we say that a student is clever, does it means she cheats?                                                                                You need to change your perception. It is a lopsided approach.

Radhey (Owner)     15 January 2012

You have said," I am always conscious and sure that you are also, conscious of what we do, in the mind and the body,  which is therefore also an outcome of wisdom."

This is the biggest misconception that people are conscious, they are unconscious, subconscious, Robots.Someone else fed the program and they are just living according to that program and that someone else is society/teachers/parents/politicians/ priest/Holy Shit.Whatsoever mostly most of us do is not outcome of wisdom but outcome robotic Foolishness.

And When you say that a student is clever, you should say that a student is wise because yes, if you say that he/she is clever that means he/she might not be having any ethics ? 

I have already cleared my stand about cleverness/it is a filth word/double edged sword/ more likely negative/while Wisdom is pure positivity/hence I prefer wisdom than cleverness.It is upto you to change your perception or not.

Dr.Chandran Peechulli (Chief Consultants)     16 January 2012

Sharing and exchanging our views are good enough. Thank god you accepted, 'When you say that a student is clever, you should say that a student is wise'  If he/or she is said clever, needless to brand outright as 'cheat'  as well. All left to how one views. Our eyes co-ordinating with our minds, tell us what is bad or right,considering past experiences besides theory. Hence perception varies as to how,when and where we focus                                                               You would agree that a normal living person should be conscious of what he or she does, when awake, sub-conscious mind sometimes work while asleep, but not while badly drunk (alcoholic), under the influence of drug or alcohol.  Cleverly act varies to situation and time. 

Aishwarya (Teacher)     16 January 2012

In my view...

I percieve Wisdom as doing bringing positivity to eveyone and for the benefit of all , whereas cleverness accomodates negative act or deeds that may harm the other person in any way..and it is more or less limited to a persons own selfish gains or pursuits..

Dr.Chandran Peechulli (Chief Consultants)     17 January 2012

I  believe, cleverness act is singular, varies to situations and conditions. Cannot be outrightly said as' CHEAT ' One can also learn by others cleverness, of solving a given similar situations, without harming others.              This is a competitive world, during this surge of scientific developments, in this modern world, moving at a rapid rate than snails rate before, by the advent of computers and advances in communication technology.               ' For 'more or less limited to a persons own selfish gains or pursuits' - You need to know more of " within LIMITS AND TOLERANCES " acceptable as a measure of judgement, to perceive with broadmindedness.         Simple question, if you have a child to feed, don't you like to feed your child first, than your neighbours child ? Would you then call yourself for ' selfish gains or pursuits..

Aishwarya (Teacher)     17 January 2012

"Simple question, if you have a child to feed, don't you like to feed your child first, than your neighbours child ? Would you then call yourself for ' selfish gains or pursuits.."

To this i must say that God has given the "means" to feed the kids or any other kid one may come across..

It is only when u have all good things and u have the heart and willingness to share it.
its not about first or second to whom one shall turn ..its the overall capacity in a human to provide equally to every kid he/ she see's privielged or underpriveleged.
its not about competiton either or who runs the fastest ..for me its about what u have and how u want to make best use of it for self and others without limits and judgements..and that is complete wisdom next to giving and equal to being enlightened in ur own simple way..
1 Like

Dr.Chandran Peechulli (Chief Consultants)     20 January 2012

I mean, do you not prioritise your needs? In one way or other, everyone is to some extent biased /selfish for this parting is not cheat but for in this competitive world, sometimes hurts. PAIN is GAIN do not make one lethargic.

GOD helps those who help themselves.

CLEVERNESS is as much as that. only, 'LIVE and let Live others'. If everyone understands each other, every one on earth can be happy independantly.

Aishwarya (Teacher)     20 January 2012

Everyone has thier own priorities in life , what comes first or what comes after is individual concern, to some only and everything about "self" is important. but with certain exceptions not everyone is wholly or completely submerged into "self" .Wisdom is inversely proportional to the self...as the self gets diminished the wisdom grows stronger...the self consists of a false mind made sense of self (please note that it is false)..the sense of self may be negative or positive..we act to make the self stronger and stronger..and while the process is on..we do not care about others..this makes us seem extremely selfish..and in the process the wisdom diminishes. The wisdom diminishes because our actions are only to protect our ego..our self..our false self..we do not care about what is right or wrong..the only objective..THE EGO MUST SURVIVE..and as the ego grows stronger..wisdom gets weak and ultimately dies...

Please do not deviate from  said title.RESTRICT COMMENTS with Forum Home > Others > > Re:Wisdom & cleverness-difference?    Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now. Lets involve experts and fight a systematic, strategic fight, with intelligence.  Know yourself first and then of others if to arrive at the best, to be happy.

Information is free; awareness is priceless!  “It is not the source from where the information comes but for the quality and subjective content-value of information received”.

"Great  acts are made up of small good deeds."  "refuse to bend" and stop promoting corrupt practices through short-cuts by others ( person to indulge with others) in unscrupulous practices.

Human birth is natural but humanitarian attitude is developed with consistent efforts. There are only two ways of being happy-reduce your necessities and adjust according to circumstances. ............Pt. SriramSharma Acharya.

Aishwarya (Teacher)     21 January 2012

@ Dr Chandran..Please do not deviate from  said title.

RESTRICT COMMENTS with Forum Home > Others > > Re:Wisdom & cleverness-difference?   Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now. Lets involve experts and fight a systematic, strategic fight, with intelligence.  Know yourself first and then of others if to arrive at the best, to be happy.

Information is free; awareness is priceless!  “It is not the source from where the information comes but for the quality and subjective content-value of information received”.

"Great  acts are made up of small good deeds."  "refuse to bend" and stop promoting corrupt practices through short-cuts by others ( person to indulge with others) in unscrupulous practices.

Human birth is natural but humanitarian attitude is developed with consistent efforts.There are only two ways of being happy-reduce your necessities and adjust according to circumstances. ............Pt. SriramSharma Acharya.

I could not understand the above comments..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register