LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudhir N (Owner)     12 January 2012

Middle name for a married women - for education purpose

My wife is planning to take admission in postgraduate cource at university, which needs a domicile certificate (Gujarat state). But Mamlatdar is not agree to issue the certificate on his father's name (I.E the father's name as middle name). Though we are married, she has not changed her name in any of the certificate and we wants to continue his father's name as middle name for the postgraduate study. Is there any law that a married women can not use her father's name after marriage?. Also, should we use the father's name as middle name for futher study or it would be better to use husband's name. We think using father's name would be better to have all the degrees with the same name.

Also, to get domicile certificate - is it issued based on residency of Husband or father ? (Though we all are living in gujarat)

Fore creamy layer certificate - Is it issued based on income of father or husband ?

How can I convince mamlatdar about the law for middle name of a married women ?

Thanks in advance

Learning

6 Replies

**Victim** (job)     12 January 2012

Nimavat bhai mamlatdar barobar kahe che it's better to have ur name as middle name because not only in ur case but this question may arise in future no matter where you go or what u do ? This question may arise during applying for rashan card, in case if u apply for passport, bank accounts., I assume all these certificates are obtained for the purpose of applying for further education and i suggest u should use ur name as middle name in ur wifes full name although there won't be any questioning why ur wife is not using ur name as middle name ? Anyone is free to use the name they want.

1 Like

Yeah, but i think there's no such law that she must use my name, to avoid the different names in degrees, we want to continue his father's name for the postgraduate studies. I believe it is perfectly valid. But I want fellow advocates to confirm it, and advice on weather a domicile certificate can be issued on father's name or not. And how can I have the mamlatdar convinced.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     12 January 2012

A girl's name is changed after marriage.

better use changed name.

different names on degree certs. is no problem.

ur insistance for using parental name is not understandable.

Thanks reply Shantanu, Is there any law stating that A girl's name is changed after marriage.. I am not sure about this. I think its not true, I would love to hear from what other Advocates say. As far as I know, a women is free to use whatever name he want.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     12 January 2012

The change of last name after marriage is not legally obligatory on any woman at least in India. The woman can continue with her maiden name for all purposes as it’s her right to do so ......................

https://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081009162435AAUDu6i

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register