LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

surya (business)     23 March 2009

LIVE together without marriage

Can anyone post any comment on this please.

i m married and have the 2 kids.i have another relation ship with my GF since 2 yrs.she is unmarried.From my family we dont have any issues to stay with her longterm.Even she is ready to come out with her family.Her family members are not accepting.

As per Hindhu i cant marry 2 wifes.
Is there any way 2 stay together for life long?
How do i defend my self?
i heard recently supreme court has given judjement.Can live together.

please advice.your suggestion will be highly appreciable.

Learning

31 Replies

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     23 March 2009

mr. surya ! you will be comiting no offence. but you will be in trouble when your wife goes to law on the ground of cruelty and s*xual relation with another woman. further , there will be legal controvercies with regard to inheritance rights of your 2nd partener and her children. 

thus to be fair, you should not continue this relationship.

Ajay kumar singh (Advocate)     23 March 2009

No law allows a hindu to have two wives at a  time.One can keep a mistress or GF only if he has no wife.You should give up your idea of having the GF as it is like inviting problems for you. You should not only see what law says rather you must see what ethics say. 

n.k.sarin (advocate)     23 March 2009

I agreed with the view of Dr. Tripathi.

thanks for your advice..

i have few doubts : how was pavan kalyan have the relation with renu?

how jr NTR was born?

how society and laws accepted these things?

so those who have the money are they have another law or what?

please let me know your answers?

Hi Anil Sir,

Thansk for your quick reply.i come to know its not possible legal way.

Do you have any idea about the suprme court judejement reg leaving together with out marriage?

Your reply will most appriciable

Hi Law Gurus,

Why all are soundless. everybody should know that.Who have the money they can create their own law

Dear surya sir !

no lawyer can speculate all the future problemes in your case so as to reply the same. if you do'nt bother about future and your legal wife has no objection , you may go ahead.

i have a practical example where the first wife herself arranged 2nd marriage of her husband who was a government servant. the reason was simply to beget a son.the second wife is younger than youngest daughter of first wife. now after death of husband first wife is recieving pension and second wife is depandant upon first. presently, the first wife is aged about 80 with four daughters and second is bellow 40 with a son and a daughter. they have no other means of livelihood. there is no will of deseased husband. now you can imagine the situation by applying some legal common sense.

you are right to the extent that if you have money you can find many ways to solve your problem. but even then, subject to no objection of your legal wife.

A V Vishal (Advocate)     23 March 2009

Mr Surya:

You can ask any question that is personal to you, why the hell are you interested how pavan kalyan lived with renu or how jr NTR was born. You have a issue that you have an illicit relationship and you are still married with your 1st wife and have 2 kids. It's a shame that you ask such questions on this forum. This forum is meant to guide and not misguide. As far as your opinion that who has money creates law is wrong, what you need is morality and social awakening to stand up to fight against injustice. I don't know how old you are, but you have not seen life fully, imagine your wife drags to the court and your issue is telecast in all major news channels, feel how is it going to be, respectable people cannot face such a situation only a shameless guy without any remorse face all that.

So I request you to stop thinking about others and start thinking about your ownself and don't waste your time and time of the learned members with absurd questions.

1 Like

pls note one thing more. our discussions are relevant only to legal disputes.

if you do not wish to knock the dore of legal machinary or no one does so against you,  you need no legal advise.

i  suport mr. vishal's coments.

SANJAY DIXIT (Advocate)     23 March 2009

DEar Surya,

You have changed the principles of "LIVE TOGETHER".

It doesn't mean this.

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     24 March 2009

Dear Surya

Moraly and legally you are running on the wrong path. The rest you can decide But what others did will not make your act legal.

Binod Kumar Mishra (Government Service)     24 March 2009

dear surya,

you are so foolish. had you ever
thought in your leisure times that what are you doing. your submission
on the above forum itself has a very nice proof to your wife to
drag  you to court. you know what the supreme court has
delivered while justifying "live-in relations". are you
able to understand themeaning of the said. please avoid these type of
approach. i think you had earlier not of any sort of experience of
498(A) WAMPS. please be aware and live eveything what you have said.
and still you want to continue, take a affidavit on oath from your wife
now, or rest is in your own hands.

Shashikant V. Patil (Lawyer)     24 March 2009

Dear Surya,

Whatever, our experts says  are correct in view of  maintaining  a lawful good society.  You are enjoying  your life with your GF but you are spoiling the life of your wife and 2 kids.   Keep their future in your mind and act sensefully.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register