LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vireshkumarsingh (auditofficer)     24 December 2011

Opposing ..charge framing in pc act

• Is there  any  case  where  the court  has  denied  framing  of  charge  in case  where  the   prosecution had  a case  of  " red handed  trap " ...please  do inform !
  • If any  gentleman  could  advice , then  i  can  post  relevant  details and materials  of my case  which  is  at  the  stage  of  charge framing ...and there  is date fixed 3rd Jan-2012  for  hearing  of  the argument..
  •  

Learning

11 Replies

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     24 December 2011

Dear Viresh,

There in no such judgment / law to frame charges, where the person is nabbed red handed. As per law charge is to be framed. Prosecutor will lead evidence and you have right to defense. No court can proceed further without framing the charge unless you plead guility.

Regards

Rajiv Bhasin

Advocate

Bhasin & Associates

9811210505, 9868635640

1 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     24 December 2011

Rughtly stated by Mr. Rajiv Bhasin,

However, only in the case the process in which he was caught red-handed was seen to be vitiated, court can discharge the accused.

Proving vitiated process is also a herculean task and you may have to go to HC/ SC for the same.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

2 Like

vireshkumarsingh (auditofficer)     27 December 2011

thanks   Rajiv ji...

vireshkumarsingh (auditofficer)     27 December 2011

thanks  shonee ji..  i will post  a  letter  released by  an  officer  ( just  very  next  day  of  the  trap ) whose  presence   at  the place  and time   of trap

had  been accepted  by  the  trap  incharge  in  the FIR  filed ..please read  it..,shouldn't it be enough ? please  post your opinion.

Attached File : 139467147 registrar, 139467147 registrar, 139467147 registrar downloaded: 239 times

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     27 December 2011

Unable to view these files, please post the summary of the same.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

vireshkumarsingh (auditofficer)     01 January 2012

Thanks  Shonee ji for  taking interest in the case  ..i was out for last 4 days..here  is  summary  ..which  you asked  for 

• the  very  next  day  of  my arrest , the  university  registrar  issued  a  letter addressed  to  the university V.C.. 
  • In this letter  the  registrar  had narrated  about  the trap/arrest incidence.
  • The letter's  proves  that  the trap/arrest  was  a  consipiracy  and FIR  was  fake . The  cricial facts  of this letter  ( compared  with FIR )  are  as  following :
  1. Letter  says .... i  was  arrested  when i  was  about  to   board    my  car  where  the  complainant  forced money  in to  my pocket and suddenly 3-4 persons ( of vigilance ) surrounded me..and brought me back in my office  along  with  the  registrar  who  was  also coming out  of  the university  building .....whereas   FIR  says....I  was  arrested  red  handed  while  counting  the bribe money    in  my  office  soon after   i  signed  and  handed  over  the cheque  to  the  complainant  who   gave bribe  to  me   just  after receiving  the  cheque.. 
  2. Letter  says ...the  complainat  first  met  the  registrar  and  requested  for  payment..( it is notable  that bill was in  the name of  the  registrar..whose  verification and recomendation  was required  to issuance of the cheque). the  registrar  along  with  the  complainant  came to  me along  with  the payment file.....whereas   FIR  says  ...the  complainant  and  the  vigilance  team were  hiding near  the entry doors to  the office and then the complainant  entered to  my chamber  and said   that  he  had  brought  money  Rs 5000// as   per  my  demand  and  then  requested for the payment .
  3. Letter  also  says ..the  complainant   tried  to give some money  to me in  my  office  where  the registrar was  also there, but  i did not accept  the money and the cheque  was  signed  and  delivered  to  the complainant

Some other important facts are :

• in  the  FIR , the vigilance  had  accepted  the presence  of  the registrar.
  • in  the bail order the honorable   judge  had had  commented that .".It is not  palatable  even prima facei  that  after  receiving  the  cheque why  the  complainant  should approach  to pay  the bribe ?"
  • in this case, complain  was  of  demanding Rs 15000//  against payment of Rs 20,000// only
  • complain  was lodged with the vigilance  on 16july 2007   while  i  had  ordered  for  the  drawing  and paying  4 days before the complain  i.e. on 12th  july 
  • the cmplain letter  addressed  to  the vigilance ,  submitted  in  the  court , neither  bear any remark  of any officials  nor  any office seal..in  contrary   to  the  other  cases.
  • the  bill  submitted  by  the  complainant  claimed  that  he  had  completed  the work worth  Rs 37000//  ( as  per the order and agreement )  ...whereas  the verifying  authority  i.e. the registrar  had  cleared only partial payment  of Rs 20000//  and  had  alloted  the  balanced  work  to  another  firm  about  20 days before  the  complain !...that  means  the  complain is totally  fake  and malfide !!
  • An  official  clerk,  whose presence is  accepted by the vigilance ,  had  also  given affidavit  just after  the trap, narrating nearly same points  as  in  the  letter  of  the registrar.

There  are  many more  documenatary  evidences  to  prove  this trap malfide..i would tell  if  you  like to know

Attached File : 994891927 letter by the regis-1-20 july0001.pdf downloaded: 99 times

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     01 January 2012

I doubt you can get any reprieve on the mentioned facts in the trial court. These are mere contradictions, which are the matter of trial.

I am also less hopeful about the chances of success of moving HC under any WRIT for the same.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

1 Like

vireshkumarsingh (auditofficer)     01 January 2012

Thanks  Sonee ji..i  need   some  more of  your   valuable     attention /suggestion 
  • Is   the  arrest  before  the  registering   the  FIR, legally  valid ?   Arrest  was  one  day  begore  the lodging  of  the FIR .
  • on  the  note  sheet,  containg  the  permission  of  laying  the   trap, handwriting  of   the    two  officers ,       highest  one  and next  higher one  in  the  ranking,  involved,    are  matching   ..hinting  to  a  conspiracy .
  • The  note  sheet,   on  which  aforesaid  two  officer's  writing are  matching, is  not  submitted   in  original in  the  court,  only  its  xerox  version  is  submitted.  ...  through  court, i  have  demanded its   original ...from  sources  i  have come to  know  that  the  original  copy  is  missing..though  official  reply  by  the  vigilance  is  yet  to  come !!!

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     05 January 2012

These are again all grounds to be taken during cross-examination or defence.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

vireshkumarsingh (auditofficer)     06 January 2012

thanks Shonee ji...charge  is  framed  on 04th Jan  ..so now trial begins...thanks to all experts...I learned alot !

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     13 January 2012

all the best for the trial.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register