Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shayan Khan (Accountant)     31 December 2011

Employement bond signed

Hi,

i have joined Andhra Bank in Sep2011 in MMGS-II, at the time of joining i have been asked to signed a Bond of Rs. 150000 for working in Bank for a minimum period of 3 years. 

i want to know the effect, if i leave the job now. i cant tolerate all the injustice happening with me in the Bank. i cant pay Rs.150000 also, i hav not even earned till date...

Please Advice...

Learning

3 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     31 December 2011

when you need to join the service than you dont think of not signing the bond and sign without thinking the implications because you need the job whereas that clearly states that you need to pay the amount if you leave the service. There is no injustice by the bank its just the change in circumstances the job which may be very important for you  becomes unimportant when you get a better opportunity.

Legally in normal circumstances people who leave the job are normally not proceeded against by companies for recovery of the bond amount but yes they dont issue proper relieving letter and they are not bound to issue the same unless you pay the bond amount.

1 Like

Shayan Khan (Accountant)     01 January 2012

Thasnks sanjeev for ur reply.. further to this, i have not got anohter opportunity. the main problem is that, i am a Physically handicapped person, and as per the GOI giudlines, we are given a suitable post as per our physical ability. and this is the reason i joined Public sector Bank but this is not the case with me. i already sit and do the work for 9 hours a day. Here in my Branch, they pressurise me to sit late and do the work.  i said many time to Chief manager that i cant do late sitting beacuse i have physical problem and whatever work i am given, i complete it  in time. but still they scold on me everyday. i  am infact insulated everyday. This job is still important for me. but with this kind of late sitting and harrasement, either i will fall sick or will leave the Job.

i have completed only three months.therefor i cant pay Rs.150,000... some days back i thought that i will leave this job but will not pay the Bond money.

I would highly appreciate your further advice...

Thanks

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 January 2012

Relieving letter is issued post all settlements by the company. Companies/Banks are known to sit on relieving letter even if all settlements by employee are completed.

Candidates clamor to be employed with public sector banks and you have a respectable designation. You may find ways and means to correct the conduct, behavior, approach of superior officer. You can try and speak out the matter and resolve it. You seem to be under probation and need good appraisal by your superior official. If required you may try and speak to higher authority/HR/personnel/CGM/RM etc.

If you feel that it is appropriate and you can handle you may submit a gentle representation in writing to superiors, bringing out the facts.  You shall need record to support you at any point of time. Superiors can access CCTV footage and make out what is happening. You can seek transfer. Employees, in today's environment need to acquire and apply exceptional rapport building, persuasion, persistence skills. Your issues posted by you, are such which can be handled and resolved successfully by you and may be with little counseling to both the parties. Choice is yours.

What is the guarantee that your next employer and reporting authority shall be better, or  a thorough gentleman? Your next reporting authority/manager in this bank tomorrow may be thorough gentleman/lady.

Scolding, insult is not permissible and is absolutely intolerable. Any employer who resorts to rude behavior, unprofessional tactics at workplace is unworthy of being employed with.

Your union, peers, colleagues may/may not lend you support and witness you need. You may help yourself and use your resources and record (audio/visual) such episodes. Show the bond to a competent and experienced service lawyer and understand nuances of the bond and that under what circumstances who to pay what?

Be careful about your job and do not leave any room for any vindictive and zealous official to charge and trap you on any count. Maintain a record that you have been completing your daily work in time and do not need extended hours.

If you have record on your side and if employer is unworthy of being employed with, you may be able to contest the bond.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register