LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumar (swe)     29 December 2011

Fraud marriage - hiding health problem before marriage

I am working as a software Engineer got married with a girl, after two months i came to know that the girl is suffering from thyriod and iregular period problems. im also worried that she might uncapable to give a birth to a child. Now we suspected and we go for complete health checkup for her. there we came to know with those reports, that she has a thyriod problem. I didnt notice this at the time of marriage.She and Her parents hided from me before marriage. i didnt expect a wife like that, I totally upset about this and i cant able to accept her in my mind. Now they are telling lies that they too dont know before marriage.I have phone conversation proof. in this phone conversation her mother told to take t3(thyriod) related tablets regularly.Is this enough for evidence?  Is there is any provision to void this marriage? Please help me..

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     29 December 2011

@kumar-

You have to prove two facts.  (1) You donot know about the disease at the time of marriage.  (2)  In-laws know about the disease at the time of marriage.

After proving these facts, the court may also see that whether the disease is curable or not.

1 Like

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     29 December 2011

@mona,

You along with other sisters  have to file the partition suit.  This case is within the limitation of time, means you can file it right now.  By filing appropriate application in the partition suit, take precaution that he will not sell the property to some one else.  Details of the property can be ascertained through Resident welfare Association (if there is an association in that colony), or through Municipal authorities where property taxes are paid or through electricity/water departments, where their dues are paid or patwari about the land or finally Sub-Registrar Office of the area, where all property details are stored.  Engage any advocate in property laws and he will dig out the information for you.  

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register