LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nair mohanan c (proprietor)     27 December 2011

Bombay marriage act

I am a Hndu and my wife is a christian.Our marriage ceremony was held as per Hindu custom.Our marriage was registered under Bombay Marriage Act in 1988.Is it necessary that I should reregister my marriage under Special marriage Act?The Marriage registrar of the Taluka says that he does not have power to register any marriage under special marriage act.Only Surat Marriage Registrar has power to do it.Recently Gujarat has passed a marriage registration law.Will this law be sufficient instead of Special marriage ?

Nair Mohanan C

Learning

4 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     27 December 2011

If your wife had not converted to Hinduism, this married is not a legal marriage.

Hence you should register your marriage under Special Marriage Act only.

Maybe it is not registered at Taluka level in your state, but it surely would be registered at District Level.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

1 Like

nair mohanan c (proprietor)     28 December 2011

Thank you,Mr.Kapoor.

How to convert my wife into Hindu.We both practise Hndu custom .A legal document stating that my wife has been converted to Hindu is a must to avoid some future complications.

Expecting your reply..

thank uou.

yours faithfully

Nair Mohanan c

Vipin Pavithran (Manager)     09 January 2012

Hello,

I am a Hindu who will be marrying a Sikh girl holding a malaysian passport. i am doing the registration of my marriage in Malaysia as per the law of the land.

I would be doing a small ceremony as poer hindu rituals in India. I wanted to get ourselves re-registreted in India as well. Please share the process for the same. I am not too sure whom to approach in this case.

Regards,

Vipin

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     15 January 2012

Nair you say your marriage was registered in 1988 so where is the problem.

For vipin if you have local residence here the marriage can be registered but what is the advantage you will gain since already registered.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register