LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

How to get back money from my ex lawyer

i paid my first lawyer to save my marriage in mutual divorce case as being fool i do what ever he say and pay him 20 k .

now i change the lawyer and want myatleast half fees back.

i aslo send him latter regaring it for two times by register post but he dont reply.

judge accept my new vakils vakalat nama but i want my mehnat ki kamai back.

what to do?

i payed this money in cash dont have recipt of it.

Learning

15 Replies

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     26 December 2011

No lawyer worth his salt would return his fee.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com
1 Like

(Guest)

means shonee sir i dont get my money back?

my new lawyer is saying that complain against him in bar counsil.

is this have any waightage?

(Guest)

You can file a case against him in the Consumer Court making Bar Counsil of India as a party..asking or compensation. Fight the case party-in-person. 

He will come running to you

Kurt

"It is better to be hated for what you are then to be loved for who you are not" - Kurt Cobain

1 Like

(Guest)

thanks sir so i have to given in written to bar council?

(Guest)

You did not get my point. I am asking you to file a case in the CONSUMER COURT (SINCE LAWYERS ARE PROFESSIONALS AND THEY GET PAID BECAUSE THEY PROVIDE YOU A SERVICE), making Bar Council of India as a party.

I mean in the case you will be the petitioner and there will be two respondents.

1) Your Lawyer who ditched you 

2) The Bar Council of India

Since all the lawyers are controlled by the Bar Council of India, when you file a case, they are also responsible for the misdeeds of your lawyer. When they receive the notice, they will catch your lawyers collers, since because of his misdeeds, the whole council is being questioned.

I hope I am clear.

Kurt

"It is better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you are not" - Kurt Cobain

2 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     27 December 2011

Kurt Cobin is amazing, no one ever did it, you may create a precedent.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
1 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     27 December 2011

Case against irresponsible lawyer in what ever forum is ok, but why Bar Cpuncil? Consider this, if Public Prosecutor acts in irresponsible manner and a case is filed against him should the Judge also be a party to the case?

(Guest)

Does the judge control the PP, or write rules for the public prosecutor? Is the judge a controlling body for the PP of the court...is the Judge responsible for the PP? NO

If the PP is corrupt, you can file a similar case and in case he is corrupt you can also file a case in the PC Act since he is a goverment servant.

I am not a lawer or anyway close to any legal office in India but as far as my commonsense says, It will work.

Kurt

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     27 December 2011

In that case how can Bar Council take disciplinary action against the Advocate under the Advocates Act? Should Bar Council be a party along with the Advocate and also sit as the adjudicationg forum against the Advocate? I am of the view that Bar Council can not be a party in a complaint against the Advocate, that is what I want to reflect it.

YOGESHWAR. (ADVOCATE HIGH COURT-criminal /civil -youract@gmail.com)     27 December 2011

court needs evidence so what is the proof that you paid money and how much.

And what about your new advocate he will be under constant pressure that you may complain against him also.

(Guest)

We better keep arguing things in this fourm and loose money. Someone should do someting. At least something..let the train start to move..so that before ditching some client, the lawyer should think twice.

These Lawyers always take advantage of us, of our trouble..because we are scared of cases and court etc etc..

Let them also be in fear..let their membership be at stake.

Why do you fight your cases? Sit and discuss in this fourm and have all the satisfaction he in this forum..

Kurt

When you struggle with your partner, you are struggling with yourself. Every fault you see in them touches a denied weakness in yourself.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     27 December 2011

Agreed, but most litigants though duped does not have the guts to fight it out with thier lawyers.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
1 Like

**Victim** (job)     28 December 2011

Originally posted by :N.K.Assumi
"
Case against irresponsible lawyer in what ever forum is ok, but why Bar Cpuncil? Consider this, if Public Prosecutor acts in irresponsible manner and a case is filed against him should the Judge also be a party to the case?
"

Adv. N.K ASSUMI does Public Prosecutor charge for their service ? I don't think so !!!

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     29 December 2011

They are, if you have the guts Zeeshan.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register