LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shaveta Dhanda (Managing Director )     15 December 2011

Convertion to islam

Dear Colleagues a Hindu client of mien who already has a wife and a 3 year daughter wants to marry his girlfriend  as the wife is not willing to give her the divorce. He wants to convert to Islam and marry his girlfriend who is a divorcee and a Hindu. Kindly give your suggestions as to how should we go about it.

Regards,

Shaveta.

Learning

7 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 December 2011

Please Save their marriage, instead. No hard feelings please.

Democratic Indian (n/a)     15 December 2011

Cannot bypass Hindu Marriage Act by converting. Has to get divorce, no other way. Conversion is useless for this matter. Rather than going into these childish and silly things, he should save his marriage at least for the future of his daughter.
1 Like

(Guest)

there are many such thread in this forum.

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     15 December 2011

conversion cannot save him from charges of bigamy, there are several SC judgements on that.

Shaveta Dhanda (Managing Director )     16 December 2011

Dear Colleagues this case is with me since last 3 years and i have made endless efforfts to save the marriage and the future of the daughter. But i can only suggest them the ultimate decision is of the client. We can only advise then though the decision taking authority is not us. I would appreciate your sincere advice if you colud guide me how to handel this case.

Thanks n Regards,

Shaveta.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     16 December 2011

Dear Sweta SC Held in a recent case that conversion for marriage is not legal. conversion should on faith ground. file a divorce petition before court with your clents ground & after getting divorce decree, he can re marry otherwise not. feel free to call

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 December 2011

I perfecctly agree with Mr Qureshi.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register