LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

threatenedby498a (worker)     12 December 2011

Being threatened by 498a

experts/advocates/lawyers....need help...I am being threatened with 498a by wife/dad in law/bro in law....

how to find out if 498a is filed or not by wife....

got married 3 years back...wife left my place a week back and threatening with 498a 

ours is a joint family with 2 elder brothers and 1 younger sister

Learning

7 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     12 December 2011

After filing of complaint by wife against husband and inlaws, in police station, immediately case under Section 498-A is not registered.  Both husband and wife are called in the CAW cell and mediation takes place,  So do not get panic.  Initiate dialogue with your wife, so that the problem will not spill out of your hands and fall in the lap of police.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     12 December 2011

righly advised by Chandu Sir

(Guest)

Dont worry , you would get a call from Crime Against Woman Cell/Mahila Thana to appear before them on so and so date. Then you would come to know that complaint has been logged against you.

If you get lucky you would get free ride to CAW cell for this meeting :-) (Read they would come and take you to PS)

1 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     12 December 2011

Which state your wife stays in would have the bearing on how the case is run. Please come out with more facts.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

1 Like

Aishwarya (Teacher)     12 December 2011

firstly forget ur fears..and dont be afraid of anyone not humans atleast..

keep faith in god. and be brave and ready to put a strong fight against them and take all legal advices precautions u can..

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     12 December 2011

It is true that immediately on lodging of F.I.R., the Police get powers to arrest the accused in such cases. You may approach concerned High Court for quashing of F.I.R. and may also pray for mediation. The High Court may refer the matter for mediation at your cost and the accused would be granted interim bail.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     12 December 2011

Sachin Ji.

What you are telling is true for UP and Uttranchal only.

Not all HCs conduct mediation in 498-a cases.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register