Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjeev001 (executive)     05 December 2011

Pls advice on calculation of marriage expenses in mutual div

Dear sir/madam,

I would indeed appreciate your kind assistance in my query below, if the wife decides to move away and seek divorce from the husband, and the husband also agrees for the same, and if the wife decides to ask for the marriage expenses done for the marriage ceremony to be returned, then how is the calculation of the expenses done,

1) is it supposed to be paid by only an oral statement on the amount incurred by the wife

2) can bills be demanded to back the proof of the amount incurred in the cost of marriage

3) can the amount asked for, be challenged in courts

4) can the amount be paid in installments

5) what happens to the mangalsutra given to the wife, can it be taken into consideration while calculating the expenses of marriage

6) what is the proper procedure for the above mutual understanding of expenses incurred

I would indeed appriciate your kind advice in this regard

Learning

18 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     06 December 2011

any of her ornaments etc. will be a part of her stree-dhan.

i dont think that there is a concrete legal process laid down for that matter u are stating.

may be, it can be decided mutually, rather than legally.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     06 December 2011

Then it won't be mutual consented divorce.

You are litigating marriage expenses and all while going for mutual consent.

in MCD everything is decided mutually.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

PS: It can not be I contest 1 part of it. Rest I agree. Hence decide first on what I agree. The case can be decided when all issues are settled.
1 Like

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     06 December 2011

There is no set legal procedure to claim expenses this has to be agreed mutually and cannot be decided by court. Though the failure of marriage is not due to husband so he cant be made liable to reimburse the same.

These would need to be agreed by discussion.

Legal Fighter (Advocate)     06 December 2011

when it is mutual, there is no formula.. ;)

AAAAARRRRK (Others)     06 December 2011

@SHONEE - Seek your considered advise on the issues-

1.   The expenses on marriage ceremony were spent voluntarily by the girl's family (it could be any amount). There is no proof that the boy's side asked for it.

2.   It is the wife who wants to move away and seek divorce - husband has not asked for it.

3.   Whaever is given to the wife becomes "Streedhan" , Wife will get maintenance, alimony, share in property, level allegations and bring disrepute to an innocent husband, claim custody of children, and as I understand she can not be charged for adultery (is there any law against women ?) - DO WE HAVE A BIG ENOUGH BEGGING BOWL ATLEAST FOR HARRASSED HUSBANDS ?

Few questions above are put across for your valuable advise since I consider your opinion really well balanced and to the point. God bless !

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     06 December 2011

AAAAARRRRK

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     06 December 2011

I have been looking for answers. Not found, but found some ways to minimize the damage or inflict damage on enemy.

The questions to me are mere speculations, whereas real life requires some action.

Hence don't think much, when it is time to act, act swiftly, otherwise be patient like a log.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

1 Like

Alok Tholiya (self employed)     07 December 2011

This can be a very useful discussion. 

LAWYER ADVOCATE (Prop)     11 December 2011

Dear Sir,

We are THAPAR  & ASSOCIATES LAW FIRM (Divorce Lawyers)
We take great pride in introducing ourselves as the first exclusive divorce law firm in India

We value great importance to the institution of marriage and thus do every bit to see that the sacred
institution of marriage can be saved. But, such approach doesn’t mean that we encourage the party
to bear the
animosity and hatred towards each other and yet live under one roof.
We sincerely believe in the concept that the dead and rotten marriages
should also be legally dissolved.
Thanking you,Yours truly
Advocate Mukta Thapar

THAPAR & ASSOCIATES LAW FIRM
Email:- muktaone@ymail.com
Mobile:-
+ 91 96191 76351
https://divorcelawyers.webs.com/
Advocates, Solicitors, Notaries, Patent & Trademark Attorneys
111- A, A- wing,Pratik Industrial Estate, Mulund Goregoan Link Road, Near to Mulund Port
Bhandup west, Mumbai- 400078, MAHARASHTRA

Area Of Practice:- 
  1. Divorce
  2. Transfer Petition in Supreme Court
  3. Annulment Of Marriage
  4. Restitution Of Conjugal Rights
  5. Maintenance
  6. Child Custody
  7. Criminal Proceedings
  8. Domestic Violence

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     11 December 2011

your this self advt is against the rules framed by High courts u/s 34 of Advocates act and it is misconduct and your sanad can be canclled for this enteprise.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     11 December 2011

Multiple self advts by advocate firm voilating all norms , administrations pl look into it.

(Guest)
Originally posted by :MUKTA THAPAR
"
Dear Sir,

We are THAPAR  & ASSOCIATES LAW FIRM (Divorce Lawyers)
We take great pride in introducing ourselves as the first exclusive divorce law firm in India

We value great importance to the institution of marriage and thus do every bit to see that the sacred

institution of marriage can be saved. But, such approach doesn’t mean that we encourage the party
to bear the animosity and hatred towards each other and yet live under one roof.
We sincerely believe in the concept that the dead and rotten marriages
should also be legally dissolved.

Thanking you,Yours truly
Advocate Mukta Thapar

THAPAR & ASSOCIATES LAW FIRM
Email:- muktaone@ymail.com
Mobile:- + 91 96191 76351
https://divorcelawyers.webs.com/

Advocates, Solicitors, Notaries, Patent & Trademark Attorneys

111- A, A- wing,Pratik Industrial Estate, Mulund Goregoan Link Road, Near to Mulund Port

Bhandup west, Mumbai- 400078, MAHARASHTRA

Area Of Practice:- 

Divorce

Transfer Petition in Supreme Court

Annulment Of Marriage

Restitution Of Conjugal Rights

Maintenance

Child Custody

Criminal Proceedings

Domestic Violence

"

this is a forum where people get free legal advice..kindly don't use it for advertisement.

Sorry for giving so straightforward reply.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     11 December 2011

@ THAPAR  & ASSOCIATES LAW FIRM

they have not mentioned that they charge for advise -

means they offer for freeeeeeeeeeee.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     12 December 2011

:-) Amit.

Try them for your case, you would come to know.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register