Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guru (Manager)     10 December 2011

Power of attorney

Hi,

I have given POA to my father and registered with a Sub-registrar office in Chennai. If my father purchase any property or any asset, will the sale/purchase deed bear my name or my father name? I mean,  will the deed bear/contain my name as seller/buyer or my father's name?

Suppse if the sale/purchase deed is going to have my father's name, can i show this sale/purchase deed for my address proof in chennai? Please advice.

Thanks

Guru

Learning

8 Replies

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     10 December 2011

If you desire that he should purchase a property in your name and on your behalf and for you then in such a case your name will be mentioned and it will also be mentioned that he has signed for you e.g.

THIS AGREEMENT IS MADE BETWEEN XYZ (YOUR NAME)  THROUGH HIS CONTITUTED ATTORNEY SHRI ABC (POA'S NAME) ETC.

SIGNATURE CLAUSE TOO WOULD HAVE LIKE THIS

SIGNED AND DELIVERD BY

XYZ (YOUR NAME) THROUGH HIS CA

ABC (poa'S NAME)

DO NOT WORRY IT WOULD BE AS GOOD AS THE SAME IS DONE BY YOU.

1 Like

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Advocate)     11 December 2011

In case of  POA used by your father. Property would be in your name.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 December 2011

Since you have authorised your father (throgh GPA) to buy property, it is obvious, it will be in your name and his (your father's) name shall appear in the document as xxx son of abc. Nothing wrong to worry.

1 Like

Guru (Manager)     11 December 2011

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response. I do appreciate you for taking time in replying to my question.

Thanks

Guru

sachinMALHOTRA (excutive)     12 December 2011

my father buy a property in 1973 in the name of my grand mother  G.P.A. and registered with a Sub-registrar office in delhi before marriage,

but G.P.A. had  signed by my father,  no signature & thumb impression of my grand mother on G.P.A

now my father & my grand mother is died in 2011.& my father has 2 brothers & 3 sisters ask for  their share in this property now pl advice that my mother is class1 legal heir.

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Advocate)     12 December 2011

your query is not much clear, so, send scanned copy of sale deed of property and poa at  my email id.

sachinMALHOTRA (excutive)     12 December 2011

my father buy a property in 1973 in the name of his mother  before marriage,  G.P.A. and registered with a Sub-registrar office in delh

but G.P.A. had  signed by my father,  no signature & thumb impression of my grand mother on G.P.A

now my father & my grand mother is died in 2011.& my father has 2 brothers & 3 sisters ask for  their share in this property now pl advice that my mother is class1 legal heir.

sachinMALHOTRA (excutive)     18 December 2011

my father buy a property in 1973 in the name of his mother  before marriage,  G.P.A. 

now my father & my grand mother is died in 2011.& my father has 2 brothers &

ask for  their share in this property now pl advice

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register