Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasad.N (Consultant)     09 December 2011

Correction done in the sale deed

Hi,

I am from Tamil Nadu and currently I am staying at Bangalore & I purchased a plot recently at Bangalore (Jigani). Everything was perfect in the sale deed. But in my address in the sale deed, they have mentioned Tamil Nadu (permanent) address. They have forgotten to write "NOW AT BANGALORE" below my Tamil Nadu (permanent) address. So I manually wrote "NOW AT BANGALORE" with blue ink below my Tamil Nadu (permanent) address and I have signed near it (vertically) and the Vendor/Seller has also signed near it (vertically) in the sale deed. Such a manual correction in the sale deed directly with both the parties’ signature, is acceptable? Or by any chance it has become an invalid document L. Please let me know.

Learning

3 Replies

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     09 December 2011

Dear Prasad,

The manual correction of "NOW RESIDING AT BANGALORE" which you made does not affect the title of property however, if such thing is made, it is required to be reflected in the scanned pictures of the Sale Deed at the Bangalore Registration Office.  If not, then you request the vendor to execute and register a Rectification Deed while rectifying the said error in the said Sale Deed.

1 Like

Tripti Nagwekar (Owner)     10 December 2011

Dear Mr. Prasad,

Nobody is allowed to write anything on the sale deed once it is registered with the collector because one copy is lodged with the collector.  You should have mentioned your both the addresses in the sale deed before registration.  Since you have tampered the agreement, you need to pay a fine to be determined by the collector.  Therefore you approach registering authority and pay the fine for your blunder.

Prasad.N (Consultant)     12 December 2011

2 Different replies.. i am confused...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register