Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vittalrao (Pharmacist)     16 November 2011

Definition or meaning of autonomous body/institute

Sir,

I am an employee in CSIR, an autonomous institution under Ministry of Science & Technology. I would like to know the meaning of  autonomous body, under Registration of Societies Act of 1860. Because for various pay & other allowances related issues, on requesition for revision, officers orally say that since CSIR is an autonomous institution only a fixed pay & allowances given. Sir, please kindly provide a breif information about autonoumous bodies. Thank you.

Learning

10 Replies

(Guest)

Autonomous orgs. in India are controlled by Ministries. Only slightly high pay and diffrent service rules apply. If an official becomes the head of such a body then he is governed by his service rules and not those of the Body. Its all unlike the Bureau of Economic Research in USA which has been headed by Noble Laureates in like Paul A Samuelson in the past.

vittalrao (Pharmacist)     18 November 2011

Any documents (or PDF) available in support.. Please????

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 November 2011

Your query is vague and liable to receive wrong reply.

(Guest)

The term "autonomous body " denotes a self governing body, independent, or subject to its own laws. If autonomous body or institution is a company, it is regulated by the company law. If it is a society, it is governed by the law on registration of societies. But in both the cases, its own board of directors can specify the rules of business for the body/institution. For simplicity sake, normally the boards of such bodies or institutions adopt the rules of the concerned Government or department under which they work, but only by passing of a resolution to that effect.

2 Like

Akhilesh (Engineer)     09 July 2013

Sir, does that means that any private company e.g. Infosys, Ericsson etc..come under autonomous body criteria??

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     09 July 2013

If it is registered under Company Act, they follow the provisions of Company Act.

Bhanupratap (PA)     25 August 2013

Hello Sir, I want to know that CSIR Scientist C is gazetted post ?

subramanian   06 July 2015

Hello sir, this might sound silly. I dont know where else to ask. I posted my query in isro site also. Still no response. I have sent my challan copy of payment for the post scientist/engineer in registered post. In the advertisement, for the above mentioned post, they have written as ordinary post only. Because of this will they cancel my application? If yes is there any other way to re apply?

Sethuraman   21 February 2017

Is Cognizant Technology Solutions an autonomous body?? Could anyone help me

ARITRA   10 July 2021

I am going to apply for Bharat Dynamics Limited as a management trainee, it's saying if it's an autonomous org where a candidate is currently working in he has to bring no objection certificate.

I work in TCS , should I have to bring a NOC for it??

Is TCS autonomous??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register