Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sagar (C&P)     28 November 2011

How to file mutual consent divorce?

How to File Mutual Consent Divorce?

I am a resident of Ghaziabad, U.P.  I am a salaried person and married on Nov-2008, wife is from Indore, M.P. However, I could never register my marriage in the registrar office due to lack of required documents.  We have been separated for about 2 years due to personal differences. Now we are reaching at a stage to file mutual consent Divorce. However, I need advise on below mentioned points. 

1.       What are the required documents for filing a mutual consent divorce? Does it wary state to state?

2.       Is it required for both of us to appear during filing of mutual divorce petition? Is it possible that I complete the paperwork at her home and visit the court alone with the documents? Or my wife’s presence is a requirement?

3.       Since us both belong to different states. From which place would you recommend me to file the divorce petition? Considering the future implications for or against me.

4.       After we filed the petition, how do we complete the process of getting mutual consent divorce? Do I need to follow up courts for dates or we get some notification to appear?

5.       Will it be again a requirement for my wife to appear in follow ups after filing consent divorce or anytime till we get final divorce? Or can I do everything by myself?

Thank you in advance.

Learning

13 Replies

Advocate M.Bhadra   28 November 2011

It is provision of law that the Divorce suit have to be filed where the marriage was solemnized or where the both spouse were last resinding.To file a suit for Divorce on mutual Consent a joint petiton is required wiht two separate VAKALATNAMA,two Affidavit,two copies of PP Photo,and a copy of your marriage ceremony's photo if any.There is no need to present in the court at the time of filling of the suit,a date after six months will be fixed by the Court on that date you are both have to be appear in person in the Court.

(Guest)

As if u both decided not to live under one roof, just file a "Mutual divorce" petition before the court.

contact me/ mail me the entire matter, i will file ur such u/s 13 B petition before the court on ur behalf.

Manoj kumar,
Advocate,
Delhi.
Ph: 09310443650
advocates.agra@gmail.com

sheela subbarao (Advocate)     28 November 2011

Divorce on mutual consent easiest procedure available for divorce. It takes about six months to complete the court procedure. You can file a petition at your wife's place. Prvided she co-operates. You need to file photo of your marriage, invitation etc. You have engage an advocate, who can represent both of you. Ask your advocate to file an application for waving 6 months waiting period. Both of you should be be present before the Sirasthedar/ office incharge of family court and sign the register for registering the case. For further details you can contact an advocate who can help you to file the case.

There will not be many hearings when filed on mutual consent. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 November 2011

Both of you will have to provide photograph, proof of residence, present mutual consented common divorce petition before Judge/Court for 2 motions i.e., first motion at the time of presentation second motion after six months again. Both of you will have to be physically present in court, no alternative/short-cut.

Alok Tholiya (self employed)     28 November 2011

Why should one go for consent and make mockery of such important event of life.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     29 November 2011

1.       What are the required documents for filing a mutual consent divorce? Does it wary state to state?

NO IT DOESNOT DIFFER STATE TO STATE

YOU REQUIRE:

A) PROOF OF MARRIAGE

B) IDENTITY PROOF OF BOTH PARTIES

C) ADDRESS PROOF OF BOTH PARTIES.

2.       Is it required for both of us to appear during filing of mutual divorce petition? Is it possible that I complete the paperwork at her home and visit the court alone with the documents? Or my wife’s presence is a requirement?

BOTH ARE REQUIRED TO BE PRESENT TO RECORD THE STATEMENTS

3.       Since us both belong to different states. From which place would you recommend me to file the divorce petition? Considering the future implications for or against me.

WHERE MARRIAGE WAS SOLEMNISED, WHERE YOU BOTH LAST RESIDED TOGETHER, MUTUALLY CONV PLACE.

4.       After we filed the petition, how do we complete the process of getting mutual consent divorce? Do I need to follow up courts for dates or we get some notification to appear?

THE COURT AFTER PASSING FIRST MOTION WOULD GIVE A DATE MINIMUM SIX MONTHS APART, WHEN YOU WOULD NEED TO APPEAR AGAIN.

5.       Will it be again a requirement for my wife to appear in follow ups after filing consent divorce or anytime till we get final divorce? Or can I do everything by myself?

YES, SHE WOULD ALSO NEED TO VSIST TWICE IN COURT.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com
1 Like

Sandeep Naik (Advocate)     01 December 2011

What if either of the spose decides to withdraw consent after first motion ?

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     02 December 2011

You have to litigate the matter on other grounds.

Why do you ask the same query in diffirent threads, why can not you start your own topic when you have a query Sandeep Naik?

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     02 April 2018

Posted by: Nitish Banka  Categories: Civil Law Family Law 

Mutual consent Divorce Procedure and complete guide

What is Mutual Consent Divorce?

Mutual consent divorce is a process by which martial status of a married couple comes to an end. This is one of a way to get divorce and most easiest form compared to other forms like Divorce by DesertioncrueltyAdultery etc. This mode of divorce is normally called uncontested form of divorce and is envisaged in Section 13B(1) and 13B(2) of Hindu Marraige Act 1955. This form is commonly known as first motion and second motion divorce petition both petitions separated by 6 months period.

Procedure to get Mutual Consent Divorce

Here are some of the requirements of getting divorce by mutual consent

1. Mutual consent

As the name suggest Mutual consent divorce first requirement is that there must be a mutual consent between the couples. That means all issues between them like custody of children, maintenance, alimony have been resolved between them and only they intend is to get a divorce only. There is also a separation period between the couple of not less than one year. the divorce by mutual consent

How to come to a mutual consent

The husband and wife sit together either with the help of close relatives, lawyers or in mediation. They first decide custody and visitation rights of children and their custody normally custody of children goes and decided mutually in favor of wife and husband do get visitation rights if this is decided then they proceed ahead with issues related to maintenance and alimony to wife. Normally husband agree on lump sum and one time  payment of fixed amount in favor of wife and wife on the other hand will not demand any maintenance or alimony in future. only when all the above issues are resolved the mutual consent divorce is possible.

Image result for mutual consent divorce

Mutual consent Divorce

2. Preparation of Mutual consent divorce agreement

After oral discussion its now time to get it on paper here at this stage mutual consent agreement is prepared and which is a detailed documents of whatever has been agreed between the couples they are bound by it. the mutual consent agreement has to be notarized and signed in front of notary public.

3.  List of documents for mutual consent Divorce

1. Petition of mutual consent divorce both motions along with waiver of 6 months cooling off application in case you wish to waive off 6 months waiting period between two motions. if other spouse is in other country then power of attorney of other spouse.
  2. 4-5 recent photographs to be pasted on petition and agreement.
  3. Proof of marriage which includes either Marriage card with marriage photographs or marriage registration certificate with marriage photographs.
  4.  Id card with address proof

Note: you must carry originals at time of court hearing.

4. Court Hearings

At the time of court hearing you must reach on time and all originals must be carried by you at the time of hearing. Once your matter name is called you must be ready to answer questions put up be judge.

1. Common questions like date of marriage and separation?
  2. custody of children?
  3. Consent is without any coercion or undue influence?

After basic questions the couple move ahead for verification of original document and hearing is concluded once they sigh on their respective statements.

Conclusion of Mutual consent divorce Proceedings

After the conclusion of both first and second motion court hearings the court will prepare a decree of divorce which is a formal document of divorce and officially couples are separated by decree of divorce and process is concluded.

By Adv. Nitish Banka

Deepak Dahiya   03 April 2018

Mutual consent divorce is a process by which martial status of a married couple comes to an end. This is one of a way to get divorce and most easiest form compared to other forms like Divorce by DesertioncrueltyAdultery etc. This mode of divorce is normally called uncontested form of divorce and is envisaged in Section 13B(1) and 13B(2) of Hindu Marraige Act 1955. This form is commonly known as first motion and second motion divorce petition both petitions separated by 6 months period.

1. Mutual consent

As the name suggest Mutual consent divorce first requirement is that there must be a mutual consent between the couples. That means all issues between them like custody of children, maintenance, alimony have been resolved between them and only they intend is to get a divorce only. There is also a separation period between the couple of not less than one year. the divorce by mutual consent

The husband and wife sit together either with the help of close relatives, lawyers or in mediation. They first decide custody and visitation rights of children and their custody normally custody of children goes and decided mutually in favor of wife and husband do get visitation rights if this is decided then they proceed ahead with issues related to maintenance and alimony to wife. Normally husband agree on lump sum and one time  payment of fixed amount in favor of wife and wife on the other hand will not demand any maintenance or alimony in future. only when all the above issues are resolved the mutual consent divorce is possible.

Mutual consent Divorce

After oral discussion its now time to get it on paper here at this stage mutual consent agreement is prepared and which is a detailed documents of whatever has been agreed between the couples they are bound by it. the mutual consent agreement has to be notarized and signed in front of notary public.

1. Petition of mutual consent divorce both motions along with waiver of 6 months cooling off application in case you wish to waive off 6 months waiting period between two motions. if other spouse is in other country then power of attorney of other spouse.
  3. Proof of marriage which includes either Marriage card with marriage photographs or marriage registration certificate with marriage photographs.

4. Court Hearings

At the time of court hearing you must reach on time and all originals must be carried by you at the time of hearing. Once your matter name is called you must be ready to answer questions put up be judge.

2. custody of children?

After basic questions the couple move ahead for verification of original document and hearing is concluded once they sigh on their respective statements.

After the conclusion of both first and second motion court hearings the court will prepare a decree of divorce which is a formal document of divorce and officially couples are separated by decree of divorce and process is concluded.

By Adv. Nitish Banka

1. Mutual consent

Mutual consent Divorce

4. Court Hearings

2. custody of children?

By Adv. Nitish Banka

1. Mutual consent

Mutual consent Divorce

4. Court Hearings

2. custody of children?

By Adv. Nitish Banka

Deepak Dahiya   05 April 2018

1. Mutual consent

Mutual consent Divorce

4. Court Hearings

2. custody of children?

By Adv. Nitish Banka

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register