Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sana waheed (Advocate)     25 November 2011

Man can file a suit for recovery of gold ornaments

hi,

i have a query once ex-wife has filed suit for recovery of dowry articles and it wz decided in her favour. can the husband file a suit for recovery of gold ornaments given to his ex-wife through a seprate suit?

Learning

11 Replies

rajiv_lodha (zz)     26 November 2011

@ Sana!

Its not possible to file 4 recovery of ur gold ornaments, coz teh ornaments u give to ur wife become her STREEDHAN, latter cant be recovered.:(

(Guest)

if you do not have any record of gifts, you can contest case as chori under section 420... rest all will fall in line... do not worry...

rajiv_lodha (zz)     28 November 2011

How can CHORI come under Sec 420!? Enlighten all!

Moreover, if he has some purchase proof of articals, is it sure that these will be recovered from her? She may be smart enough to hide these things under carpet. Coxing her by CHORI allegation is a distant thought......practically

1 Like

sana waheed (Advocate)     28 November 2011

hahaha agreed @ rajiv_lodha :)

(Guest)

its your money going out... be serious and rub your ass to find out ways and means to get it back... even put a false case to screw them in a chori case... cant you do it? why are you shagging here then... start running around court and find out nut... you want specific sections and definitions do a google search and let me know how this comes under chori... owise bang your head how this can be put under 420...

Uma Maheswara (consultant)     29 November 2011

Yes. You can file for return of articles presented during the marriage time, you need to write about the articles you have received and also the articles you have given her at the marriage time. Also mention you need the articles as you are financially not able to support yourself!. Please talk to your lawyer he will guide you. I had done it in my case.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     29 November 2011

No, you can not.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Uma Maheswara (consultant)     29 November 2011

You can file a petition, the same I had done it last month in the court. Please consult your lawyer for the procedure.

Dharmesh Manjeshwar (Advocate/Lawyer)     29 November 2011

anything gifted to a wife becomes part of her streedhan / will be claimed by her as her streedhan ...... unless there is some specific contract between the two regarding those items .......

so what rajiv & shonee state is right ....

Krishna Kumar (Business)     29 November 2011

Originally posted by :Dharmesh Manjeshwar
"
anything gifted to a wife becomes part of her streedhan / will be claimed by her as her streedhan ...... unless there is some specific contract between the two regarding those items .......

so what rajiv & shonee state is right ....
"

So she has to prove the husband has gifted the gold to her? If there is no gift deed, the court consider it is been gifted or not?

Please let us know who ever filed petition has got the gold back? Is there any argument from her that gold was gifted and it is not need to return back to husband. How to handle such suituation and what was the judge reply for the same.

(Guest)

there are many instances where a case can be argued in such a way it does not fit into sections but will eventually win... this is a classic case if getting back your money with lots of pros and cons attached and chess play checkmate...

i have a reply but its a million dollar deal not worth expressing...

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register