Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balaji (None)     25 November 2011

Divorce after 60 years of age

Dear experts,

My parents are more than 60 years. My father is a drunkard, drinks all the time and beat my mother. This happens all these years. My mother was not against him all these years as she wanted us(kids) to grow and settle. Now he drinks more and still beat my mother, which she cannot bear any more. Now she doesnt want to live with him and want to live with us. We have house and some land which are mostly funded by us(kids), but bought in his name. Now, my mothe wants divorce from him and also would like to get the property from him. He is a govt. pensioner. We do not want to file any criminal case against him for beating, but only divorce case so that my mother can live in peace and also get  ALL the property. (wedo not our property misused by him/his friends drinking with him). Please let me know how much possibility on our side to win this case.

Learning

4 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     25 November 2011

you can file a case that partition or declaration of the  property.

1 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     25 November 2011

Agreed with above reply.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     25 November 2011

Balaji,

u can easily get Legal separation that serves ur purpose. 

DC Avt will protect shared household, and attachment of property

u may apply divorce,on the ground of cruelty, but u had not filed any police complaint , howver issue notice to be away and stop beating etc. 

1 Like

Balaji (None)     27 November 2011

Thanks a lot experts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register