LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prasoona (owner)     12 November 2011

Interim maintainence

Hi,I'm from hyd,married 4 yrs ago&living with parents since 3 yrs.he is forcing for divorce,so i filed 498a 3 month's ago,he is on bail.i need maintainence,but my lawyer took money from them &not filing maintainence case,so i would like to file myself in family court,is it allowed or not.i'm not in a position to appoint one more lawyer,i already paid 10000 to him.pls suggest me how to proceed....

Learning

18 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     12 November 2011

Dear Prasoona

yes you can filed a case for maintinance beforethe  court u/s 125 Crpc

(Guest)

You can seek relief through Domestic Violence Act which can be done through NGO and without appointing own advocate.You have to contact Protection Officer in Social welfare office of your locality.

prasoona (owner)     12 November 2011

whom to submit my maintainence petition at family court

(Guest)

you can file crpc 125 or through DV act you can claim maintanence .But filing a false 498 a case is wrong on your path .you cant clap with one hand but you would require both your hands to clap and so is marriage. 

rajiv_lodha (zz)     12 November 2011

Also do some homework b4 going to have a taste of maintenence:

1) Are u able to earn, what are ur qualifications, previously working or earning?

2) Any children? With whom are they?

3) What is ur hubby?

4) Any case from his side?

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     12 November 2011

Dear Prasoona,

A party can initiate proceedings before a family court, in person, without involvement of an advocate.

You can file ur maintenance application at the administrative office of the family court during working hours.

prasoona (owner)     13 November 2011

thanq so much sir.....

pls let me correct u sir,it's not false 498a.it's true that i was harassed by them&throwed me out with wearing clothes.even he didn.t return my education certificates,with the help of police i got back recently.he already re-married without divorce me.now analyse u r self.don't u think i'm on road,dont u feel it's my right to live at matrimonial house,don't u think,it's his responsibility to provide atleast food&clothes.Every 498a is not false....

thank u so much sir,i'm an MBA,but now i'm not working,i'm on treatment for depression.no kids,living with parents.he is an MBA&drawing 3,20000PA,banglore.

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     13 November 2011

Dear Prasoona,

You can also avail the provisions of Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act for accomodation and interim maintenance as well as expenses for prosecuting the case.

Along with it, you can also prosecute ur husband for the offence of Bigamy u/s 494 of Cr.P.C.

thanq sir...

(Guest)

Prasooa, try to find out a job for youeself get busy with that.It will help you to overcome your depression as well as headache of litigation.

thanq for u r concern.i've started job trials,definetly i'll prepare my mind to digest this....

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     14 November 2011

Yes you can contest all your cases on your own.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harased.by.498a@gmail.com

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register