LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Avinash (asst)     12 November 2011

Future of disown person from family

Due to my Alcohol problem. my father disown me by signing some papers at notary. I do not have the copy of it. Nether i read the papers before signing. What was the content of those papers could be.? My father is dead now. My father did not made a will. Now my brother is trying to get my mother owner of the property. Since we do not talk to each other much. And are living in two differnet cities. My brother wants power of attorney from me to transfer the property in mothers name. Why i dont know.? I was addmitted to two Rehabilitation center for Alcohol treatment. Sorry to Say my father had pressuried me for signing papers at notary. More over during that time I was high on alcohol. Now with Grace of God. I have being away from Alcohol for more than two years. And Taken complete resposibility of myself. What my brother is trying to do.? He is trying to detoriat my name by showing disown papers to people. I do not have any support in old city (Where i have created nusence during my alcohol time)....................Please Help...................I have a desire to Start my Family.....

Learning

10 Replies

S B PATIL (DIRECTOR)     12 November 2011

please indicate whether the property in question is either ancestral or earned by your father alone. in the former case you can get back to it without much difficulty.

The property was earned be father

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     12 November 2011

Dear sam, when you are disown you by prresurising you to sign and when you was out of alcohal then why not you challenged. The property is earned by your father so it is his self acquired property and you have been disown therefore your mother and other childern have right except you. Now there is only remedy to challenge your disown paper

kumar t v s (advocate)     12 November 2011

Your father has every right to dispose the property as  he desires. Since he disowned you before his death there is nothing much for you to do. In case you cooperate with your brother and mother and convince them that you have changed, may be you will get a chance to be part of the family some day.

All the best for a great life ahead.

But the point here is father has not made a will also. And I assume papers were notarised. But not registered.

niranjan (civil practice)     13 November 2011

If your brother wants  your power of attorney to transfer the property in your mother's name,I think you should do, as that would mean that you have not been dis-owned and they  consider you as heir in the property.However you may not give power to sell the property but only for the maintenance of the property and also make sure in drafting the power that your share is mentioned and you are authorising her for maintaining the property and not for any other purpose..

1 Like

Avinash (asst)     13 November 2011

How can i find the papers of disowning has being register at sub-registrar.?

Avinash (asst)     13 November 2011

How can i find the papers of disowning has being register at sub-registrar.?

Is it necessary to transfer the share in mothers name.I dont mind if we were living together. All of us live separately. In fact i have being ashamed of my past troubles given to family.for that reason I took completely responsibility to live independently. But it seems they are taking advantages of this.......God knows whether i am going in right direction...Please Guide.

S B PATIL (DIRECTOR)     15 November 2011

HELLO SAM ,  Don;t get disheartened,  please make sure the property is transferred to your mother's name directly from your father's name . Later you can file a partition suite/ or negotiate with yuor brother since you will be the legal heir.  also submit a notice to the revenue and  registrar  officials against sale of the mentioned property in that place. Try to get support of any of yuor relatives or your father's friends in this regard.  Do not sign on any documents w/o consulting a lawyer.

1 Like

Avinash (asst)     15 November 2011

----------------------------------------------

YOu mentioned : submit a notice to the revenue and  registrar  officials against sale of the mentioned property in that place...........

(how to do that...?)

Regarding the support : Other than GOD i do not have anyone's support...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register