LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Upadhyay (businessman)     06 November 2011

Charged under section 306,307,308

my one friend is cable operator. he has been charged under the section 306,307,308. He is charged because one customer complained that he get shock from the cable and stated that when he was sleeping the cable is fallen over him and he got shocked. That customer had operation and in  operation he had to lost one leg and one arm. my cable operator friend states that from cable tv you cannot get that much shock this is due to the high tension line of the GEB. That poll was also shot that day and one cow is died that day due to the poll of the electic. What is the punishment my cable operator friend will get plz reply...

Learning

5 Replies

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     06 November 2011

Dear Rajesh, Law provide punishment of 10years rigourous imprisionment under section 306,also 10 years rigorous imprisionment in section 307 and 7years rigorous imprisionment in section 308 of IPC. All the sentence runs concurrently. So maximum punishment will be 10 years.
1 Like

sorry it was the section 336, 337 , 338 

i am extremely sorry for that .....

can you give any guidance on that

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     06 November 2011

The maximum punishment is One Year and/ or Rs. 1000 fine.

However, the fact that an electricty pole was also broken and the cable wire doesnot carry that much current can punch holes in the story of prosecution, whose benefit would be extended to you.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

1 Like

If judgement come in favour of that person than bail is possible or not?

that person had claimed for 20 lac than how much my friend have to pay if judgment come in favour of that person?

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     08 November 2011

Bail is the right in these crimes.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register