Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sudheer ( lead)     06 November 2011

Grama kantam

Hi All,

i am planning to buy a house in a village which is 8 km distance from Uppal, Hyderabad. When i requested for survey numbers from House owner, i was informed that it has no survey numbers since it comes under Gram kantam and house was registered under Gram panchayat. 

I feel though the house comes under Gram kantam it should have survery which is the proof indicating it is a Govt approved land. Now i am littler hesitant to buy the house. Could any one please help to understand what is Gram kantam and is it true  Gram kantam house/land will not have survey numbers ??

I appreciate your help !!

Learning

5 Replies

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     06 November 2011

Dear Sudheer,

Gramakantam is a govt. land.  It will have survey number.

1 Like

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     06 November 2011

Dear Sudheer,

Gramakantam is a govt. land.  It will have survey number.  The property will be under the management of Panchayat.

sudheer ( lead)     07 November 2011

Thank you sir for the quick response. I came to know that the village has 1500 houses and none of the house is having Survey number. 

What would be risk if we take house which is not having survey number ?? Please let me know.

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     07 November 2011

Dear Sudheer,

It appears that land was converted from agricultural to domestic.

No risk would arise in other respects except pertaining to the identity of property if any dispute arises in future.

K.HANMANTHRAO (AYURVEDIC PHYSICIAN)     20 August 2013

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register