LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RD (Accountant)     27 October 2011

Mediation centre

May i know if out of court settlement by paying cash in a Mediation Centre toward settlement in a divorce case can be effective and accepted in the court and law, if in future the case is challenged.

My spouse wants money in cash to avoid capital gain tax. What is the procedure to pay cash in mediation centre. Or is it advisable to only pay by bank draft?

May i also know the address of Mediation centre in Kolkata.

thanks a lot for this.

Learning

4 Replies

Alok Tholiya (self employed)     28 October 2011

Good question.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     28 October 2011

Dear RD

when you pay the amount in cash then you can record the statement both the parties and get the order copy. in future if any dispute arises then this order is valid and best proof to show your intention.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     28 October 2011

Never ever pay cash. Always pay in court through an instrument and not in mediation center.

Read the agreement 10 times alongwith your trusted lawyer.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

3 Like

Rohit Shukla (Engineer)     29 October 2011

Cash ????? C'mon ....never ever do that. Some people out of their hurry put their rationale at stake and pay half the amount in cash while signing first motion only to regret that wife is not ready to apper for the second, so 50% gone with no result.

Pay it though post dated cheque (one month delay post your final divorece paper) assuring them with a deed that if you fail to pay or your cheque gets dishonoured, you are open to penal action.

Regards,

Rohit

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register