Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Student (Consultant)     25 September 2011

Still continue to blackmailing and threatening

Hello Experts,

Hope you all are doing well!!

I am a software engineer and working in a private form. I have married two years back and my husband harassing physically and mentally and recently attempted to kill me for more dowry ( Initially they have taken 20 Lakhs). I have registered a complaint in the police station and my husband has been in absconded status in police records and remaining people got bail from court. It has been 3 months since this case has been registered.

Now the problem is my organization is requested to rejoin in the same location but my husband and her sister starts threatening(They will kill me if I don’t take back the complaint and demanding to pay money to cause damage to their reputation) me over the phone and directly. I have been really scared of them and informed my organization about the situation and requested for other location but they have terminated me because of my situation as I can’t join back to my duties in the location.

The threatening isn’t stopped at that limit to my job and they started finding friends and others through social networking websites and started telling about me badly and trying to attempt to spoil my career and life by every means. Some of my friends brought the fact into my notice.

I have been in the situation

1.       Lost the job as I don’t have enough capability to protect myself nor my family don’t have that capability

2.       The threat’s are continuing and police aren’t in a position to arrest him( as they are very strong economically settled family)

3.       They are continuing to spoil my career by social networking means by spreading negative information ( is people are allowed to attack like this by getting bail ?)

4.       I have now the lowest confidence and I am from poor family, I am sure I can’t continue like this without job for long time ( My family have taken huge loans for marriage and they have great difficulty in paying that itself, so I really don’t know what I can expect from them)

Is there anything I can do apart from taking my complaint back to bring my situation to normal position( to join back some or other job ?)       

Thanks in advance for your valuble suggestion and help

Learning

6 Replies

Student (Consultant)     25 September 2011

Originally posted by :Student
"
Hello Experts,

Hope you all are doing well!!

I am a software engineer and working in a private form. I have married two years back and my husband harassing physically and mentally and recently attempted to kill me for more dowry ( Initially they have taken 20 Lakhs). I have registered a complaint in the police station and my husband has been in absconded status in police records and remaining people got bail from court. It has been 3 months since this case has been registered.

Now the problem is my organization is requested to rejoin in the same location but my husband and her sister starts threatening(They will kill me if I don’t take back the complaint and demanding to pay money to cause damage to their reputation) me over the phone and directly. I have been really scared of them and informed my organization about the situation and requested for other location but they have terminated me because of my situation as I can’t join back to my duties in the location.

The threatening isn’t stopped at that limit to my job and they started finding friends and others through social networking websites and started telling about me badly and trying to attempt to spoil my career and life by every means. Some of my friends brought the fact into my notice.

I have been in the situation

1.       Lost the job as I don’t have enough capability to protect myself nor my family don’t have that capability

2.       The threat’s are continuing and police aren’t in a position to arrest him( as they are very strong economically settled family)

3.       They are continuing to spoil my career by social networking means by spreading negative information ( is people are allowed to attack like this by getting bail ?)

4.       I have now the lowest confidence and I am from poor family, I am sure I can’t continue like this without job for long time ( My family have taken huge loans for marriage and they have great difficulty in paying that itself, so I really don’t know what I can expect from them)

Is there anything I can do apart from taking my complaint back to bring my situation to normal position( to join back some or other job ?)       

Thanks in advance for your valuble suggestion and help
"

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     25 September 2011

Approach women's organizations like National Commission for Women and seek their help.

Md Zaryab J Rizvi (Principal Partner)     26 September 2011

Dear Madam,

To give any opinion on limited knowledge is not absolutely correct. I can give you suggestions which you may confirm from your lawyer before taking action upon the same.

In the given situation you have to decide what course of action you want to adopt?  As clarity of thought is very important before taking any action. 

If you decide to seek justice than you can take recousre of law, by bringing the facts to the notice of the court. A person who has been granted bail shall not endanger the victim or shall not force the victim to withdraw the complaint by wrongful means of coercion, threat, force etc. The Bail of such person may be cancelled on the grounds. 

As I am not aware about the sections under which your husband has been booked, I would not be able to provide further assistance to you.

You have various protections granted to you by law, if you receive any further threat contact Women's Cell of your Local Police station, immediately. 

Regards,

Zaryab Rizvi 

Advocate - Delhi

0-99997-84700

ajay kumar mishra (advocate)     26 September 2011

first of all you collect the evidence either electronic means or otherwise. report the entire matter to police as and when happend. if police is not taking any action consult with your advocate and report the matter to s.p of the concern district and further more with the help of your advocate filed a petition for cacellation of the bail. if you face problem due to not co-operation of the police don't lose your courage and file writ befor the Hon'ble High court for non action fo police.

You and your family have committed blunder by paying 20 lacs dowry. If a eduacted girl like you pay and support the dowry how we can save the girls from dowry death.

1 Like

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     27 October 2011

Complaint may be lodged with police and suitable legal notice (warning) may be sent.

Why not explore if your prospective company has its branch elsewhere and relocate there? IT today has got all the features of "Anytime, anywhere".

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     27 October 2011

I request not to revive old dead threads.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register