Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sa (Lawyer)     14 October 2011

Husband is trying to blackmail me

Hi Experts,

I am into a situation, I got married a year back and right now I am fighting for divorce, I left my husband's house year before itself, before marriage I had a past relationship, I also talked to that guy through mails and chat but very few times after I left my husband's house.

My husband anyhow managed to breakthrough my mails and chats and started blamining on my character and all, although I raised a complaint with cyber crime cell and have thier reports but I still don't know how those mails and all can effect my divorce.

Please help me to know does those mails and chat actually matter because he can portray it in diffrent way which is actually not the case.

Experts please suggest a way out.

Thanks & best Regards.

Learning

7 Replies

Alok Tholiya (self employed)     14 October 2011

Options were:

1. U shud have confessed before tying a knot. 
  2. U shud have removed all past records and relations and come clean post marriage.

Present options:

1. You can assure and promise to remain faithful and save marriage as it is difficult to get another spouse 100 % clean .

2. To save humiliation u can settle the matter outside w/o objectionable issues coming out to public.

And note he is not blackmailing it is everyone's right to collect best of evidence and make their case strong. No one goes to court to loose the one ( except in India where wrong doers go to courts in civil cases to use delaying courts to armtwist and squeez other party.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     14 October 2011

DearSA

As a Lawyer you know Law very well but as human being and if you willing to save your marriage then follow the above opinion of MR. Alok

1 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     14 October 2011

Who filed for divorce is the mot point.

What those mails contain is another moot point.

Unless these two things are clear, no precise advise is possible.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

(Guest)

I am into a situation, I got married a year back and right now I am fighting for divorce, I left my husband's house year before itself, before marriage I had a past relationship, I also talked to that guy through mails and chat but very few times after I left my husband's house.

Why did you left your husband's house and why?

Is your past relationship is its reason?

How long did you stay in your husbands house??

It depeds on the contents of the mails and chat.It is not fair from your side chating with that guy afetr marriage, why u can imagine keepin yourself in his place.

If your affair is the root of this divorce case then it is your husband's right to object it as you have left him within 1 year of marriage.If there is nothing obectionable in the chat why are u worrying?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     15 October 2011

It is not clear who wants divorce, you or your husband?  You are a lawyer and it cannot be that you were forced into the marriage. Hence you cannot be asking for divorce. Sometime after your marriage your husband came to know of your past relationship. Hence it is possible that now he wants divorce. The reason for leaving your husband is not stated. You say that after you left your husband you had very little contact with your past relationship. Does it mean that you had regular contact when you were with your husband?

Generally relationships and affairs are difficult to break. They tend to continue until satiation. Immediately after the satiation point, couples may   get ready even for divorce. Is your past relationship married? Do you still yearn for him?  If it is possible for you, completely break off your past relationship altogether and try to patch up with your husband. Your husband is behaving only like a normal male.

(Guest)

Hi Sa ,

Well , i want to say here that you dont have any right to play with your husbands life and emotions at all ..... Law is a separate issue but ehthically what you are doing is wrong !! How the bl**dy heck you can expect someone to be straight with you when you yourself are ditching someone behind the back ......

I feel sorry about you and please keep this forum clean ... and try not to explore the legal ways and means to do misdeeds for your own selfish motives .

Cheers    

(Guest)

Wheather a husband or wife if they donot have trust on each other relation can not continue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register