LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hari (Confidential Assistant)     10 October 2011

Desertion by wife

This is in reference to my wife's sudden disappearance from my home about a one and a half year ago.  Missing case was registered in the Police Station.  Till date things have stood-still with no development from either the Police or my in-laws.  I am alone with my retired father and very young sister and brother who are still studying.  Due to unfortunate circumstances that life has put me into I am not able to fulfill my social obligations towards my family.  Inspite of tremendous and justified pressure for marriage from my family members, I cannot make up my mind for the same due to some possible severity of the consequences which may result by the same.  The parents of my wife are advising me to marry another woman.  We are ready to give you in writing.  You dont spoil your life for the heartless women i.e., our daughter / sister.  As I am a Govt. Servant and is there any insightful guidance as to possible course of options legally open to me whereby I can fulfill my social and filial obligations in the circumstances I am in and preseve my sanity.  I want to marry now.  Please help.  

My marriage has not been registered except with some photographs of our marriage.  Its just a live in relationship and her whereabouts are not known till date even after of 1 1/2 year of missing from my home.

Unfortunately, my missing wife called me on my mobile and telling me that she wont leave me i.e., she dont want to go for Divorce.  Telling that she is staying with her friend and asking me not to go to Police as her parents are Hospitalised.  Her parents and brothers know very well about her whereabouts, in fact, she is narrating all the incidences took place after her absconding from my life.  She is telling that a Superior Police Officer is their relative and he is handling the case and she is abusing me and my family members even after calling me about a period of two years of absconding.  Please advise me what to do.  

Learning

2 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     10 October 2011

if you want stay with her, than file HP petition at high court, they will find out give order, after that you desire your life.

1 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     10 October 2011

It seems you need divorce.

File for divorce and send summons to her parents place also, you have the phone nos. so you can get the address from MSP, track her down and file for divorce.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register