LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Payal Sharma (Housewife)     27 September 2011

Husband hit me

My husband hit me with a bathroom wiper and I still have a mark on my left arm and also I have picture of the same place on the left arm which was bruised just after the hit. My friends told me that i can go to the police station and file an FIR WITHOUT ARREST (he is the only breadwinner), Wanted to know if this option is really avaialble or not

If I do that, will he have problems renewing his passport or some other difficulties in future?

Please help. urgent!!

Learning

25 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     27 September 2011

Do not file a FIR that will not leave any scope for resolution and the relation will end. FIR would result in his arrest dont involve police in your personal matters unless you have decided that you dont want to continuje with the relationship.

1 Like

Rupal (Manager)     27 September 2011

Payal dont publish one side story, your husband is not  mad to hit you without any reasons. Only when he has hit you once, you are making the issue and publishing in this forum. What happen when he has shower his precious love to you, at that time you have forget to publish in this forum.

Payal think on both the aspects, already  womens are misuing all the biased law and later regret. If you want your husband to be henpecked in that case u should have marry a poor guy who would have listen to u and would play like a toy for u.

Think what if ur sister in law have lodged a FIR against your brother or your father. Think what if yor daughter in law have lodged a FIR against ur son, dad and you.

Stop behaving like a kid, Almighty has given u brains think properly before taking any decision. Beacuse of women like you others women names are getting spoil.

Anyway you are not going to gain anything if in case u r going to lodge a NC or FIR. U are going to be a loser got it.

2 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     27 September 2011

Now it seems the incident is old to file for anything.

It could have been done immediately. 

But better sort out family problems without involving police and all. This said, Violence in any form from any of the spouse is despicable. You have the right to seek protection from such acts being repeated.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     27 September 2011

law is common for all and it helps both side. if really he hit without reason then he has to face the consequences but it subjected your complaint.  Mr Sanjeev  said practical happens. If you really need the solution then both sit and amicably settle the things.

if you need to get legal remedy then you have to lodge the complaint and it leads long proceeding. No one have right to hit or fight or abuse then they have to face the consequences. Here your case is more vital that cruelty against women is punishable under 498A ipc.

At the same time if you also have fault then you to face the consequence u/s 211 ipc

Think twice before move to next step

JAYESH (Sr. Executive HR.)     27 September 2011

Payalji before taking any decision please do think twice. Also think about your childs (if u have) and also about u & ur happy life. As involving any 3rd (police or law) person in solving ur personal marital problems it will make ur problem more complicate. I had personally faced this problem and I had lost my wife & daughter because of divorce as we had involved many peoples to solve our problem. Sister just think wisely ok...

Almighty great god bless u & ur family in this hard time...

CitizenInsignificant (self employed)     27 September 2011

do you want to stay in the marriage or you want to divorce?

CitizenInsignificant (self employed)     27 September 2011

please ignore the above post, would like it deleted.

(Guest)

WHY DID HE BEAT U??

DON'T FILE CASES UNLESS YOU HAVE A THERAT TO YOUR LIFE.

IF IT IS A DAY TO DAY DRAMA THEN KEEP PROOFS OF THIS ABUSE BY HIDDEN CAMERA, AUDIO ETC AND HAVING FULL PROOF PACK YOUR THINGS AND PUT HIM BEHIND BAR.

OTHERWISE TALK TO HIM WHEN YOU BOTH ARE IN GOOD MOOD.

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     27 September 2011

Who else you have apart from your husband to earn bread for you? Can you earn your own bread if he goes to jail?

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     27 September 2011

Did this incident happen only once,or do you suffer physical abuses from him frequently?

First answer this,then I can suggest something..

sagar padal (client technical support)     28 September 2011

I may not be the best one to advice but here is what i have to say. If your husband hits you and you really want to stop this , just be mentally prepared to torture him. when I say this, I don't mean that you shoudl do something which involves a third person in ur family life but whatever you should do should be within the walls. After all you need a resolution not a win or feeling of supremacy. In order to lead a healthy life you should strike him where his ego hurts most and make him feel that you are inportant. If you can hit him back and take it seriosly. u may be knowing him better so u know the solution . just think sensibly and please don't involve police or any other person. 

Aishwarya (Teacher)     28 September 2011

go hit him back on his head if u dont want anyone else to get involved in this matter as u still intend to be with him despite all odds..so its better to finish off things in ur own creative way. .but remb dont do any cases if u dont wih to be with him thn go for amicable seperation ..

Payal Sharma (Housewife)     28 September 2011

I am replying to the many questions that have been raised in the above replies

I have two daughters aged 3 and 6. Currently I do not earn nor do I have a spare house in case I'm thrown out of the current house. I just want to separate but not a divorce and do not want a court involved. I wish to do an out of court sort of a settlement by just staying away from my husband. I do not want a single penny from him, my mother's family will take care in case I separate. But is it true, a FIR can be filed without an arrest?? 

Payal Sharma (Housewife)     28 September 2011

Fortunately this incident has hapened only once 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register