LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anonymous (none)     20 September 2011

Married once marry again

After 20 years of unstable marriage, wife found the man who she apparently married before. They only talk over the phone about their old times together and show their tremendous affinity to each other still now.

Current husband came to know about this recently and confronted her about their current affinity. . Wife still does not realize that the husband already knows about her previous marriage. Appaerntly they never divorced the first marriage.

What should the husband do now? Should he forget her earlier marriage or confront her with the knowledge he gathered about her recently. Wife is always hostile to her current husband, even though they (current) still have love for each other.

Learning

11 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     20 September 2011

Better understanding between husband and wife solves the problem.  They have to decide what to do and what not to do.

1 Like

(Guest)

this marriage is illegal... separate before any major problems creep up... i mean financial and also physical harm if some greed creeps in...

1 Like

A. A. JOSE (LAWYER; LEGAL ADVISER/CONSULTANT& TRAINER)     20 September 2011

This appears to be an imaginary and fititious questions posed in this Club. At one place it is stated that "the hunband came to know about this recently and CONFRONTED her" and at the other end a question is posed as "shall he .......or CONFRONT her with the knowledge......".    Perhaps, it  would be proper for the Administrator to stop people from raising this kind of question with the name as "ANONYMOUS" in future.

anonymous (none)     20 September 2011

If you do not understand the question (or english), then do not attempt to respond. Thanks to those who have already read it clearly and tried to give their advice. I wouldn't mind getting more advice/opinions if others want to respond. But surely not from you because you have problems with english, it seems.

ajay sethi (lawyer)     21 September 2011

if during subsistence of previous marriage wife has remarried said marriage is illegal . second husband can request his wife that they should amicably separate as she still loves her first husband . the wife is lucky that her first husband did not file case for bigamy against her .

1 Like

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     21 September 2011

yes this marriage is illegal . so mr rajeev's  advise is corect  and solve the problem ammecably

1 Like

laxminarayana (Advocate)     24 September 2011

i agree with ajay sethi

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     25 September 2011

Lady is recorded to be hostile to her current husband!!! What is this mess? Who is this current husband if they have not divorced?

Let the lady have her share with the current husband. The man find a current wife if he tries.

Nothing much to gain sincerely. Both have led their lives. They have their own path, means etc. If not seperated, better do that amidst this new gained friendship and help each other at times of need with the tag as ex-family.

ashok gupta (Proprietor)     30 September 2011

anonymous statement that - "Current husband came to know about this recently and confronted her about their current affinity." shows that: - The wife knows that her Current husband knows about her    current affinity but she may take the other way also that her Current husband may be thinking this current affinity is with any one of her new recent friends and he may not be aware of her legal Ex-husband.  

Hence the anonymous statement that - "Wife still does not realize that the husband already knows about her previous marriage." is wrong. The Current husband should clearly say her that he is aware of her first marriage and advice her to divorce him to continue their happy married life and to have love for each other.

anonymous (none)     04 October 2011

Thanks to those who have given me their advice. However, since there are various suggestions/advice, which is little confusing to me, I would like to clarify the issue with some more details:

1)  There is still considerable love between the current husband and wife.

2)  The contact between the wife and the "Ex" over the phone and their plan to see each other is creating the complication in the current husband's mind.

3)  The husband has recording of the conversation that shows they had in fact married when they were seeing each other 20+ years ago, without their parents’ knowledge. However, it seems from their conversation that their marriage either lasted for a very short time or did not last at all.

4)  The wife does not know anything about the audio recording which talks about their marriage etc. The current husband thinks, revealing this would be ultimate and may break the marriage. He is still not mentally strong enough or prepared to call it "quits".

5)  The wife was confronted by the husband about their contact with each other that, she was told, he found through their e-mails only.

6)  They have two daughters; one is going to college and the other to high school.

Now the question is should he tell his wife about the audio recording to make her feel guilty and then get on with their life as is or take the risk of breaking the marriage?

I know it is more of a psychological question than the lawyer's question, but I would like to get some advice to the best of your ability, legal or otherwise. Thanks a LOT.

ashok gupta (Proprietor)     05 October 2011

If the current husband also has the contact no. or his E-mail ID, he may convey his awareness about their conversation and about their planning to see each other.

This will indirectly make his wife to be aware about her current husband’s awareness about her present contacts with her Ex- husband.

There after His wife may talk to her current husband openly whatever is in her mind.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register