Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Niladri (Software Engineer)     31 August 2011

Confused

Hi Experts,

I had an affair 8 years back and we decided to marry without the notice of each other's parents. At that time we wanted it urgently and we went to a lawyer and he made a notary on a stamp paper saying that we were married in a temple and then he got us signed on the marriage form with a joint photo though we never got married in a temple or anywhere.

We also signed in a register at court with a joint photograph. The lawyer told us that we need to come within 6 months from that date and sign otherwise it will be cancelled but we never went back since we realized that we shouldn't do it in this way.

This event happened 5 years back and she is settled in her life and I am settled in my life. Now I am going to get married this year and she is also going to get married according to her parents.

So I am a bit worried that whether my past event got nullified or not since we never went back within 6 months and we never got married in any temple or anywhere else. Please assist and advise

Learning

6 Replies

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     01 September 2011

Go ahead with your marriage plans.  No court will perform or register marriage, you have been cheated.  What happened in the past is not a marriage and that will not come against you in any manner or what so ever.

1 Like

(Guest)
Past can't be changed. There is no need to remember on those things.
1 Like

Niladri (Software Engineer)     02 September 2011

Hi  Experts,

Thanks a lot for your valuable answer. I would like to know whether the notary thing will be of any legal issue or not. Also I do not remember whether I signed anywhere else in a registrar office as well or not.

But we never went back within 6 months nor we did anything further. So I would like to know that whether this can be of any legal issue of bigamy or anything later if challenged or not. Also I do not have that notary with me since it got damaged and I also do not remember from which notary it was done.

She is not bothered about it at all but I just want to be sure on my part so that I do not face any issues later.

Please advise me on this. Thanks in advance

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     02 September 2011

There is no medicine for fear.  When i said

What happened in the past is not a marriage and that will not come against you in any manner or what so ever.  

IT covered everything.... all your doubts.

Niladri (Software Engineer)     14 September 2011

Hi Mr Gundlapallis,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I am much relieved now. I was worried about the legal concerns. Thanks a lot for your legal advice

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     14 September 2011

My best wishes for your future.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register