Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Zuzer A. Patel (Manager)     29 August 2011

Bombay Shops & Est. act 1948

Dear Friends,

Under the Bombay Shops & Establishment Act 1948, the shops have to display their boards in English and the Devanagri Script in the City.

I wish to know that is this applicable to shops in any part of the premises of a building (i have a office on the 2nd floor of the building with my name firm name board on the outside) or to only those premises which are in public view i.e. visible on the outside of the building??

Learning

1 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     29 August 2011

1.  Name on Display Boards "MUST"  be put on "Public" display "outside",  even if the office / shops are on the 2nd floor of a "Commercial" building. However this has to be displayed just (above) on the outside  of the shutter / door of the individual shop / office  AND NOT ON THE OUTSIDE FACADE WALL OF THE BUILDING.
A huge public display board will be classified as a "Hoarding" and appropriate license and permission are to be obtained and fees are to be paid for it.

2.  Similarly "Registration Certificate" (photo framed)  under the Bombay Shops & Establishment Act,  "MUST" also be displayed, but "inside" the premises.  Registration has to be renewed and paid every year.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register