Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abramchichk (Be The Change)     28 August 2011

Is dv act only for relief and doesnt punish perpetrators ??

I have recently come to know that DV act provides only reliefs to the victim , and it has no provision for punishing the perpetrators , if they had commited atrocities on victim.

Pls. advice ,Under which sections of Law, perpetrators can be punished?????? As  they starved VICTIm  to almost death ,made her live in sub sub human conditions, and confined her away from the WORLD for whole one year.

Learning

5 Replies

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     28 August 2011

Punishments are prescribed in Indian Penal Code.  The process starts with a complaint to police. 

1 Like

Alok Tholiya (self employed)     28 August 2011

It is 5000 yrs sick mentality of Indians who think bride, her relatives, wife, house wife r their slaves. So they think  best treatment to be given is torture them by words and deeds. They live with pride inspite of living on alms and gifts, and dowery of her pihar. They r always there with begging bowl with new demands. If not met then harrssment starts. Also they want all women to be sita but theythemselves may remain womaniser.

They will do bossing for her inspite of she bringing dowery, she going on job and then also doing domestic chorus.

Ue servant will kick back on u, leave ur job if u say any harsh word but if u say anything to ur wife, her piharwalas, etc  the samaj still wants her to adjust and live in her matrimonial hell.

I dont know when law will punish them but if u satisfy with evidence abt their cruelty then I will go and blacken their face in their office and between their VIP relatives. Unless that is done to 100 such people things will never change in INdia.

Alok Tholiya

tholiya@hotmail.com

Abramchichk (Be The Change)     28 August 2011

@Gundlapallis

But complaint  is  already with the police, not once but twice.

They even visited the place and saw the inhuman conditions ,that woman was forced to live in,and  also the plight of the woman herself.

But no action taken by police .

I want to please know , how should have the matter proceeded, so that perpetrators dont go scot free, and are punished for their deeds.

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     29 August 2011

If the police at station level fail to take action on your complaint you have two options

1.  Making a complaint directly to the SP of your district

2.  Filing a private complaint in the court of law. (for this you need to consult an advocate)

1 Like

gaury..fight to win (Education)     18 September 2011

Police is bribed.They reply very casually that it is not in their power.

I have the same experience.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register