LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tarun anand (proprietor)     15 August 2011

Can parents odge a police complain in a live in relation

Sir i am a self independent 26yrs old unmarried girl in a relationship with a married man of 37yrs with 2 kids and living wife for the past 4 yrs. His entire family likes and loves me a lot, even his wife and kids and they know of the fact. THey have all agreed to buy me a flat next to theirs so that i can always be close to them, if i want to move in. His wife is also O.K with the thought that i can marry him so that no one will raise his finger on me. My family is very orthodox, they wil never allow this. My question is IF I WANT TO MOVE OUT FROM MY FATHERS HOUSE AND STAY WITH MY HUSBAND AND HIS FAMILY, CAN MY PARENTS FILE A CASE AGAINST MY HUSBAND OR HIS WIFE, OR CAN THEY FILE A FALSCE CASE OF ABDUCTION ON HIM. P L E A S E   C L A R I F Y......  U R G E N T...

THNX AND RGRDS

Learning

5 Replies

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     15 August 2011

As per law, their complaint will not be entertained unless or until it is a public nuisance

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     15 August 2011

who you say to be your husband he is a married man and even if you marry him the marriage is not legally valid in the eyes of law. This is not orthodox of your parents they are correct these relations dont work beyond a certain point of time. It looks like a movie story that all the family of that person likes you and want you to stay with them. Though its your personal decision but still dont walk into such relation you will repent at some point of time though the decision is yours.

priya (student)     15 August 2011

posted by tarun - i am unmarried girl. R u realy a girl?cz ur name isnt . Al dis cnt be true! And if it is den god bless india
1 Like

pratik (self working)     15 August 2011

good answer by LD Gansean 

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     15 August 2011

Are you a girl or just a proxy interested in one of the affected parties or their detractors? Under the Hindu Marriage and Divorce Act, no man can have more than one wife.  Both of you can be hauled up under the law. If you enter into live-in relationship, your children will be considered as born out of illicit relationship. Even if the gentleman’s wife likes you, she will be sotheli maa for your children and may hate them. You may have been encouraged by what many of our heroines have done. They are not hauled up for bi-gamy for one of the following reasons. (1) They will be influential and law authorities will not dare to touch. (2) Their second marriage would not have been as per one of the legally recognized procedures. As their second marriage is not valid, they cannot be hauled up under the anti-bigamy section of the Act. (3) They will nominally convert to Islam and get married as Muslims. Under the Shariat Law up to 4 wives are permitted.

Under the Government Servants’ Conduct Rules, a male having more than one wife living or a woman who marries an already married man, whose wife is still alive are not eligible for Government jobs. Probably this Rule is not applicable to MP’s, though they are also considered as Government Servants for the purpose of other laws. That may be how both Hema Malini and Dharmendra could become MP’s

You are 26 and he is 37. His wife may be slightly older than you. Both of them are still in the prime of their life. Have they already lost interest in s*x life? As they have already 2 children they may be practicing family planning by abstinence. Hence the husband may be full of excess energy. Also who will not like it, if one were to get a younger wife? But you are not married. Can you not get a younger unmarried man?

Now let us come back to your first question. Most often a second marriage goes unchallenged, because no one complains. False or true, your father can make complaint of abduction or under the Hindu Marriage Act. As regards abduction you may be called to the court and asked whether you went on your own or abducted. If you say you went voluntarily you will have to answer further questions. Whether they would be embarrassing or not would depend on how you take them. Your common husband and co-wife can also be called to the court and the opposite lawyer can ask them uncomfortable questions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register