LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raman Kumar (Engineer)     23 July 2011

Threat to witness

My friend married his girl friend in a temple ( both of marriageable age - above 22-23 years) and got the marriage certificate. I was called as a witness to this. The boy's father called me and threatened me that he will register a case against me and the girl's family that it is a fake marriage, he says that he will file a case that his son was drugged and then forced into marriage and I was a part of it and involved with the girl. The guy is from my college and a good friend of mine, I am not in anyway related to his girl friend. The boy and the girl married according to their own free will. What are the possible legal consequences that I may have to face if the boy's father lodges any complaint, whatsoever? If there is no legal consequence what other undue trouble would I have to face?

Thank You

Learning

5 Replies

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     23 July 2011

@Author

The only possibility is that if your friend (boy) gives a statement before the police that you drugged him and against his wishes and in connivance with the girl, got him married to the girl.

So talk to your friend and take him in confidence. You have helped him so I hope he would support you too. Police cannot do anything without taking a statement from the boy.

//peace

/Saurabh..V

1 Like

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     23 July 2011

Additioanally to be on the safer side, you go and file a complaint to the local police where you wre threatened by the father of the boy and narrate all the story. Just be cautious that police always try to extort money from poor and innocent people by threatening them. If they tell you other story, then don't listne to them. Just go and meet SHO. And request for your protection. Tell him that you apprehend that you coudl be falsely accused in such case.

1 Like

kuldeep kumar (lawyers)     23 July 2011

do not allow girl to go his father...entire legal postion will get changed for law can not supercede feelings,,,,

Raman Kumar (Engineer)     23 July 2011

What will be the result if girl goes to boy's father and how will it affect me? I could not understand you completely.

Raman Kumar (Engineer)     24 July 2011

@ Saurabh...

Can I be arrested if the boy gives a statement that he was drugged into marriage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register