Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SRI VIJAY MATHUKUMILLI (Advocate)     21 July 2011

Against University

Respected members,

10 years back My client appeared for Degree examinations through Andhra University. Unviersity issued marks statement which showed that he failed in two subjects. And my client wrote those 2 subjects. later University stated that the Marks Statement issued earlier was wrong and issued by mistake which showed passed subject as failed and failed as passed. He wrote again the failed subject. University issued marks statement that my client passed all subjects. My client applied for Provisional Certificate. Then the University stated that the marks statement issued was wrong and asking my client to write exam again. My client approached to Honourable High Court of Andhra Pradesh and the judgment was given "instructing that to conduct a open enquiry with my client." But the univeristy not acted accordingly. contempt case was inititated and was disposed stating the same decision given earlier.

My question :

1) What are the other ways where my client can get justice.

2) Can he file a case in consumer forum.

Please suggest me. 

thank you

Sri Vijay

Advocate

Learning

2 Replies

Kanaksinh P.Boda (Educationist/Lawyer)     21 July 2011

I do not think a case once decided will be considered  by the Consumer Court. However, keeping your prayers strictly limited to the monetory losses and for hrassment caused, you may seek a suitable award of sentence from the Consumer Court, with explanations to the fact that why this undeue delay. Further, under the UGC norms, every University has a Grievance Redressall Commiittee for studentsom, to which you may approach for directives to the University.

1 Like

SRI VIJAY MATHUKUMILLI (Advocate)     21 July 2011

need more suggestions please.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register