LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Irritated with frequent power cuts,wife seeks divorce

https://gulfnews.com/news/world/india/vexed-with-frequent-power-cuts-wife-seeks-divorce-

Patna: A woman in Bihar has sought divorce from her husband because she is irritated at long and frequent power cuts at her in-laws' house. The incident has forced the husband to seek instant judicial intervention.

This is the first time in Bihar, and perhaps in the whole of India, that the lack of basic facilities at an in-laws' house has put the marital life of a newly-wed couple in danger.

Authorities said Namita Chandra of Patna was married to Satish Chandra in central Bihar's Buxur town some five years back and everything was going well until the power crisis occurred. Their marital life hit the rocks after the whole of Bihar plunged into the worst-ever power crisis this summer. The town suffered from hour-long power cuts or were left without power for many days at a time.

The power situation led to tension between the couple as the woman refused to live with her husband in the absence of power. She complained she often had to go without a shower for days.

As the situation turned grim, the wife would often leave for her parents' house in Patna where power is available compared to the district towns.

She is said to have become upset at her husband when he prevented her from visiting her parents' home.

Irked by her behaviour, the husband reported the matter to the local police. His wife reacted by serving him a legal notice saying she did not want to live with him since there is no power at her in-laws' house where they live.

The husband later made every effort to placate her but she refused to relent.

Instead, she suggested her husband abandon his ancestral house and live with her in Patna as an alternative to keep the marriage alive. But here the man refused.

Immediate intervention

The husband has now filed a petition in a local court seeking immediate judicial intervention to ensure their married life did not break up over the power.

The court has posted the case for hearing, giving it top priority.

The power situation has been at its worst in Bihar for the past three months leading to violent protests on the streets across the state.

Learning

78 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     17 July 2011

Is there no power cuts in Patna except in Buxur? No wonder, this will be very interesting matrimonial case.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     17 July 2011

husband seems to be a real jerk here..

**Victim** (job)     17 July 2011

I wish i had power cut in my area.......

1 Like

(Guest)

Can husband not provide an inverter as the remedy to power cuts? She might be fed up with rejection of her frequent requests to arrange an inverter.

1 Like

Ms Liberal (others)     17 July 2011

If the husband in law cannot care her why shouls she care of themselves

@ MS liberal it really doesn't matter who you are or what your background is ? No offense against you but it looks like u r here to criticise men completely.....i am going through each and every post  of yours since 2 days.....why should we also care for a women who wants ruin our life by implementing fake 498 a, fake DV and Fake Crpc 125 against us.... 

2 Like

gaury..fight to win (Education)     17 July 2011

ha ha ha...

so funny..

LCi is going to be hot and interesting with fights of Ms liberal and Victim.

Uma nd Zeeshan's session is over!

1 Like

(Guest)

who has time to fight? i'm sure the user 'victim' is busy with his own problem.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     17 July 2011

Originally posted by :Victim
"
why should we also care for a women who wants ruin our life by implementing fake 498 a, fake DV and Fake Crpc 125 against us.... 
"

if u r referring to this news,please note that wife did not file any 498A,DV,etc against the husband.Only divorce case.whereas the husband went to police since she visited her parents often,as there was no power cut in their town.

Ravinder Kumar (Account Director)     17 July 2011

@Roshni B: How can You call this husband a Jerk ? He is not the one responsible for the power cuts..and if it is about he leaving his parents and start living wid her in-laws than we have to hear his side of story too for not accepting that offer..

One thing from this story is clear that husband is maintaining his wife properly and only reason for divorce which she filed is power cuts.. I think the women has gone crazy, otherwise Buxur which have more than 2000 houses will have 20000 divorced men..

Give men their chance/respect Miss/Mrs..

2 Like

Ms Liberal (others)     17 July 2011

Very true The power control is byond the scope any man to generate power. If he is intentionally depriving her (not providing Inverter, genrator if avaialabe)then one can think of it

2 Like

(Guest)

what type of wife she is? is there any legal binding on husband to provide things which is beyond his control?why these type of arguments are not for men?  5 years back power situation was more grim. recent years it has been improved and improving. if we buy wife's argument then is she ready to do s*x in broad daylight if power situation completely impove? see you will get bizarre counter arguments if you start bizarrre arguments. in this case all farmers' wives should divorced their husbands.  men worked physically and mentally everyday outside of home in hostile conditions, crowded bus/autos, waiting for buses in scorching sun , rain or severe colds. again return to home(?) in uncomfertable condition after bothersome workdays, arguments. Return to home find power cut and zhagdalu wife. is it life?

2 Like

Shaulabh Shah (advocate)     17 July 2011

Hi...

Kya baat hai?.... it is really mockery of judical system.....

Repy By: www.shaulabhshah.com

@ Roshni i m not referring to this particular news but isn't it true that indian womens have misused 498 a, or DV or Crpc 125 widely......in this particular case if u think husband is jerk i think his wife is jerking thousand times more then husband......don't u think that seeking divorce for power cut is a stupid reason ? there could be alternate arrangements to resolve power cut issues....now dragging husband to court or police station for this reason is nothing but it clearly depicts womens thinking....it looks like she just need an excuse for divorce and if worst comes to worst she is definately going for DV, 498 a, or Crpc 125 in future..........as it is clearly mentioned by Ms. Liberal in her prior post that "LAW SUPPORTS WOMEN" so no matter what womens do they are always right. I am not here to argue or fight with anyone but watching same post over and over everyday it's a shame to indian law that how many people are suffering from domestic disputes in india ? Indian marriages are not sacred anymore.......

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register