Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Whether statement of prostitute is sufficient for rape?

Previously there was provision in the evidence act that the ststement of prostitute/call girl is not a vlid proff for nailing any man that she has been forced /rape by that man. Recently there was some changes there in the evidence act which I supposed

Kindly inform whether any prostitute/call girl merely allege that she has been raped by such man whether that man can be arrested only on the ststement made by the prostitute if nothing has come on the record?

Learning

23 Replies

AAK (Advocate)     15 July 2011

there is no descrimination under any provisions of law with regards to prostitute & other women... all the protected under the law and very provisions are applicable whosoever it may be.

Dipangkar (Business)     15 July 2011

@ Anonymous.

a Prostitute being Raped ?.. LOL... It's Not the sky but This is the Limit... ha ha....

(Guest)

I think there must be law OR THEY MAY NOT BE AWRE OF THIS IMMUNITY . When they do business illegally they can easily implicate any respectable personality  as we all know that their profession is to extract money for clients. If their ststement is not  testify they will implicate all rich persons and put them behind the jail

(Guest)

They can easily made nexus with local police and can implicate rich or middle class personalities. By the time when he got acquited he has already spend major part of the life in Jail.

Not all of them as lucky as Shiney Ahuja

Dipangkar (Business)     15 July 2011

Originally posted by :Anonymous
"
They can easily made nexus with local police and can implicate rich or middle class personalities. By the time when he got acquited he has already spend major part of the life in Jail.

"

Hmmm... Nice point, Anonymous.

The only Law that govern Prostitution in India is PITA [The Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act,1986].

No hope of any defence using that for your imaginary victim.

Hope a prostitute or someone from the Indian Police doesn't read this thread. :)

(Guest)

Imagenery Victim can become real victim easily with the change in tend of the society, Govt must have done something in this regrad

I want to quote the case from TV in which how Police man has implicat the business man of the posh area. residing some where in Rajouri Garden of South Delhi. They hired paid girl (Not Prostituute) in early 20's and advised to have consensual "relationship" with one of the person so that they can filed a cse of rape against the businessman. Which she refused but agreed to get semen on its sensitive organs through injection Therafter the police through the girl near hospital and the girl recorded that she has been raped by that Buisness man. The police took the remand of the business man and had tortured brutually

The neighbours of the business man were very vigil and had reported the matter to the commissioner of police which was send to the crime branch and later after many years the business man got relieved off from charges and 7 policeman was convicted

If the capital of the country faces such gruesome even what abaout those are residing in remote areas

GOD SAVE THIS SYSTEM

Ms Liberal (others)     16 July 2011

Ye it is Kindly made gap with prostitute or else you will be in trouble . they have the full immunity from legal system. For example if you have s** with her she may filed  a false case against you that you have threatened her to hvae s**

Better be care and live like saint

Dipangkar (Business)     17 July 2011

I can see a faint point for a Defensive Argument of that Virtual Victim using the law that Govern Prostitutes.

According to this law, prostitutes can practice their trade privately but cannot legally solicit or 'seduce' customers in public.

A client is guilty only if he engages in s*x with a prostitute within 200 yards of a public place or if she is below 18 years of age. 

So if such a Victim takes the stand that, He was with a prostitute privately 200 yards away from Public place, then definitly, he & she was NOT maintaining that Private Distance  to play that game called "Rape" , but to "buy " her "sale". Why was the prostitute also maintaining that Distance  with him privately  ?

If they are within the limit of that 200 yards distance, then it's the client's fault, for he will be  violating the rules set by PITA, and he deserves punishment as per the Law that govern Prostitution.

Ms Liberal (others)     17 July 2011

Absolutely wrong Well no woman is prostitute its the cirumstances created by the man entered into the profession. If man is so much ideal why they bang the hornes or slow their vechile whenever they see woman on street

Originally posted by : Ms Liberal
"
Absolutely wrong Well no woman is prostitute its the cirumstances created by the man entered into the profession. If man is so much ideal why they bang the hornes or slow their vechile whenever they see woman on street
"

@ Ms Liberal,

In my above post, By the word  "Prostitutes", i am refering to  those  prostitutes who are Legal in the view of the Law (i.e have a Licence), Not toward a  Sex Seeking woman or a Sex Seeker's Victim.

Now definitely, A woman doesn't go to get a Licence from the Licensing Authority for Prostitution just becozsome men "bang the hornes or slow their vechile whenever they see woman on street"

A man may be Not be so Ideal, but neither are those Prostitutes who keep running after ministers, bureaucrats, high-flying executives and rich guys. Are those guys forcing those Prostitutes to enter into their Professions ? Those guys are just going foward to "buy" what those Prostitutes are "sale"ing using their own free will.

Ms Liberal (others)     17 July 2011

AS i CANNOT COOMENT MORE ON THIS FOR ACT OF DECENCY

But no one is ruuning after them but circumstances creates in such manner and they have benn "compelled" to do wrong acts whch it gives fictiotious thinking that they run after them

In fact no one know what are the circumtsnces which made her to choose wrong profession It is due to neglect made by thir close associates and shortage of money for their livelihood. When they get trapped in this profession and may have cars, posh flats etc as alleged. The small community says they work not for money only. Who knows what kind of life they were living. They cannot come out from the hell even if they wants to as their past alwys hunts them

my version is no ideal women/girl by wish enters into this profession by choice but only circumstances compel her to take wrong steps. I will not have to add anything for unwanted criticism

@ Ms Liberal,

It is always one's Personal  Circumstances that creates (mostly) every act of Crime.

If such manner of obserations are done, then no one will be condemned for any Crimes ever.

Isn't  A thief  a thief, A robber is a Robber, A murderer is a murderer until proved otherwise in Court ?

No one views the Personal Circumstance that makes a man a thief, a robber, a murderer or a terrorists.

Do they ?

So why bring such personal "Circumstances" in defence of Women who obtains licences for Prostitutions using their own FREE WILL ?

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     19 July 2011

@Ms Liberal

Your panting is about those poor women who are picked up from rural and remote villages/areas where police fails to track the missing persons. Also adding to the list are those women from remote areas who are over-ambitious and are quickly fooled by tricky pimps and they bring them to flesh trade by promising job or something alike.

But situation is very different nowadays. No girl could be forced into this trade as easily as you wrote the post. Such an act is punishable not only by life but could be upto death sentence.

Also, why do you forget those high-class "pros"? These are well educated girls who hails from good families are working like models, air-hostesses, MBA etc etc. But for fask buck they take this route by themselves.

I agree odds exists but they exist with odds on the other side of the coin :)

//peace

/Saurabh..V

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register