LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Responsible Citizen (Personal)     14 July 2011

Rights of Tenants

We are tenants in a property since year 1940 in the Old Delhi Area, Recently Last year our Original LandLord has sold the property to some other Person who is a local goon. He tried all the illegal means on us so that we can vacate the property , since last 6 months he is not accepting the rent also from us saying that he will take it later.

Now, he has planned to create another room on the terrace, and he is planning to demolish a 2500LTR water tank which we had build 30 years back..

Please advice what remedies we have as per the law as he is a goon and we cannot argue with them,

Any reply will be appreciated as we are badly stuck.

Learning

5 Replies

My Dear Friend,

I don't know if you are a lawyer or not , but from your reply you sound like a Land Lord, anyway in answer to your reply, When we got this property on rent ,it was a depilated house, in last 70 years we have spended around 50 Lacs rupees on this building to make it stable and in living conditions, the old landlord has never spended a single rupee. Now you tell me am I not eligible to ask for the money we spended to make this one stiorey house to 4 storey house..??

cool down buddy, why are you getting so hyper..I have all the rights to ask queries in this forum and you do not own this forum to ask me or guide me what to do and what not to do.

Thanks for your replies as I seriously don't understand why are you taking out your frustration in this forum.

Any Lawyers please suggest the remedy as I am not asking any money from th LandLord and he is also not talking to us to increase rent or accept rent , just playing dirty tactics .

MR ZEESHAN PLEASE DO NOT REPLY THIS TIME!!!

poonam (housewife)     15 July 2011

Dear responsible citizen,

Please be responsible. You are only tenant. So please hand over the property to the owner. 

1 Like

Himanshu (NA)     15 July 2011

Dear responsible citizen

You dont understand what went to them who have a property and somebody comes and acquire their property by illegal means. Haven't your landlord want his property back. He must be dying every day. Fear to God and vacant his property and say sorry for his loss. May God give you courage and will to do so.

1 Like

Responsible Citizen (Personal)     15 July 2011

I really dont' understand why this forum is suddenly sounding like a Lonad Lord forum ..I need legal advice and not humanitarian lectures.. I am not grabbibng any land ,just looking for respite for my self from the goons who are unfortunately my land lord...

You are not in my position hence you can't understand what dilemma I am in,it's easy to advice but hard to face the reality.

Please NO MORE MORAL LECTURES..

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register