LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram (Engineer)     11 May 2011

Tenant not paying rent and refuses to move out

I signed a 11 mth lease contract with my tenant who is running a ladies hostel in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors of my house. After 2 months he stopped paying rent and is refusing to move out. He also made a police complaint that i threatened him when asking for rent. how can i evict him? can i stop water and electricity supplies? if legal how long will the process take?

Learning

9 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     11 May 2011

First issue legl notice terminating his lease and tenency and also instruct him to pay the arrears of rent.  If he failed to respond your notice then suit for eviction.

1 Like

niranjan (civil practice)     11 May 2011

You cannot cut off essential amenities. See that rent is accumulated for more than six months,then give notice and if does not pay rent within one month of your notice,file suit on the grounds of arrears of rent.

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     11 May 2011

cutting of electricity connection and water supply is not advisable.

there are various grounds available for evicting a tenant, rent law is a state based law and differs from state to state, contact some local lawyer to know about the actual legal position, otherwise the above lawyers have given you quite a reasonable advice.

Advocate M.Bhadra   12 May 2011

Stop of electricity and water is not adviseable, you may send a legal notice by revoking the Agreement and call upon to quit and vacate the house or file a suit for eviction in a Civil Court.----------------advminansu@gmail.com /        +919836589246

prasanta kumar parida (sr. consultant)     12 May 2011

Take assistance of a competent lawyer to send a notice U/S 106 of Transfer of Property Act requesting the tenant tovacate the tenanted premises within a stipulated time. If it is not vacated then you can file criminal case  for unauthorised house trespass and civil case for lawful eviction.

baldev singh chhabra (Chief Associate Advocate)     14 May 2011

The national scenario of tenent landlord law is fastly changing and either new acts of rented premises have come or the old one is amended to balance the equity rights of both. Tell me first in which State your rent given property is situated. Lots of rulings have come from the supreme court of India which are in favour of the landlord. The space here is less you can get all the material from me which will help you get evicted the tenent fastly.Maharashtra, Rajasthan, MP, Delhi and many more States have already amended their rent tenency law equalising the rights of landlord and the tenents. The rulings of these States High Court as also of the Supreme Court of India are available with me which you can get together with any other help you need to get the premises vacated.  legallhelpp@gmail.coml  

2 Like

baldev singh chhabra (Chief Associate Advocate)     14 May 2011

The national scenario of tenent landlord law is fastly changing and either new acts of rented premises have come or the old one is amended to balance the equity rights of both. Tell me first in which State your rent given property is situated. Lots of rulings have come from the supreme court of India which are in favour of the landlord. The space here is less you can get all the material from me which will help you get evicted the tenent fastly.Maharashtra, Rajasthan, MP, Delhi and many more States have already amended their rent tenency law equalising the rights of landlord and the tenents. The rulings of these States High Court as also of the Supreme Court of India are available with me which you can get together with any other help you need to get the premises vacated.  legallhelpp@gmail.coml  

vishwaraj pal singh (lawyer)     13 June 2011

The tenant in meerut of uttar pradeh state a metropolitan town in NCR region. ZThe tennant has not paid arrears of rent for last 23 months and electricity bill consumed for 24 months. Kindly send relevant case rulings and judgements on the same of high court and supreme court of India. vishwarajllm@gmail.com

Dipangkar (Business)     14 July 2011

Originally posted by :baldev singh chhabra
"
"

Sir, I would like to know of any such changes / amendments in the rent control act, for the state of Assam. Are there any ?

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register