LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shiv sharma (NA)     03 July 2011

Use of word 'idiot'

is use of word idiot in writing against anyone is an offence? Thanks.

Learning

16 Replies

(Guest)

If you actually sue that person over it, then you will end up proving his/her point. So if you're not an idiot, better to stay out of courts because they're run by the greatest bunch of idiots EVER. (I'm not a law expert)

2 Like

shiv sharma (NA)     03 July 2011

Originally posted by :Uma
"
If you actually sue that person over it, then you will end up proving his/her point. So if you're not an idiot, better to stay out of courts because they're run by the greatest bunch of idiots EVER. (I'm not a law expert)

"

Umaji, thanks for the humourous reply. In fact, I wish to use the word against someone in writing and that person is a lawyer.

1 Like

(Guest)

thank you too for taking it in the right spirit....usually politicians fight over such things and all they get is an apology

Raghav Sood (Lawyer)     03 July 2011

very astute  answer ]

but bucnh of idots dont have the jurisdiction to run the courts.

1 Like

G.Nagarajeshwar Rao (Advocate)     03 July 2011

I think one famous writer / auther quoted that commenting on cricket.... eleven idiots playing thousands of idiots watching.... so all are idiots... 

1 Like

(Guest)

By the way, this is the first time I have come across someone doing thorough research before calling someone IDIOT.

1 Like

Dipangkar (Business)     04 July 2011

Callin & writting "IDIOTS" is the latest trend of indicating someone as Brilliant in India.

Why to only one, Call them all, let Judge sort them out........ ;)

1 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     04 July 2011

Thanks to all the members, I've really enjoyed with your clever and intellectuals postings.

(Guest)

If you need more interesting insults and curses, read Tintin comics, the character  Captain Haddock is my favorite and his insults are most hilarious. Here are a few:

Blistereing blundering bird-brain! Baboons! Baby-snatchers! Bagpipers! Bald-headed budgerigar! Bandits! Bashi-bazouks! Bath-tub Admiral! Beast! Belemnite! Big-head Anthropithecus! Anthropophagus! Arabian Nightmare!  Macrocephalic baboon! Miserable molecule of mildew! Nanny Goat! Odd-toed ungulate! Ophicleides! Orangoutang! Subtropical sea-louse! Tin hatted tyrants! Toads! Toffee-noses! Traitors! Tramps! Cannibals! Carpetsellers! Caterpillars! Centipede! Cercopithecus! Coelcanth! Colocynths! Corsair! Cowards! Crabapples! Cro-Magnon! Crooks! Cushion footed quadrupeds!

1 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     04 July 2011

Uma why Tin Tin a foreign origin? You know I love Suphandi more than Asterix comics.

(Guest)

Suppandi from Tinkle? I used to read lots of tinkle and amar chitra katha, in addition to tintin, asterix and all the superhero comics (superman, batman) lol....

(Guest)

N.K. Assumi, I believe we should admire each creation for its intrinsic worth rather than country of origin.

1 Like

himanshu harbola (Comp. Sec.)     04 July 2011

lol thread

Dipangkar (Business)     05 July 2011

Ok Ok.....

No War.....

On who is foreign & who is Desi.....

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register