Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chandra (software developer)     02 July 2011

I am loosing my 3/4th of my land due to road widening work i

Hi All,

I really need help urgently i baught my land in ranchi few years back through my hard earned money now goverment is doing road widening work and my more then 3/4th  of total land is going into road now i dont know what to do i feel helpless about i really need some urgent suggestion againest this issue.

Thanks in advance.

early resposne will be appricitated

Thanks

Chandra

Learning

7 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     03 July 2011

There is nothing much which can be done since the land is being acquired for public use.

(Guest)

I hope the government at least pays a fair price. I have seen long court battles because government pays a fraction of actual market price. Collect some data about fair market price, to start with. I am not a law expert.

(Guest)

Also collect info about others who are losing their land, try to work with them against govt

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     03 July 2011

Was there any gov.t., notification regarding acquiring of land for road.  If there is a notification, govt., could have issued a notice to you to  take the compensation .  If not then immeditely file an injunction suit against the govt., by giving them first notice u/s 80 of CPC. 

If there is notification and you have received a notice and you are feeling that compensation awarded by govt., is very megre then you can file Land Acquisiion Case in the Civil Court to claim the more compensation.

2 Like

pradip shah (partner)     03 July 2011

Can Government aquire land &allot to some private party ? Land aquired is not for any Public purpose.

girish shringi (advocate)     03 July 2011

Dear chandra,

I couldn't understood Pradip Shah's point of acquiring for private party.

Is it connected with you?

If yes,You can immediately proceed the legal matter and demand stay on it.

If its Govt. acquiring for the public purpose and you are having the clear title in your name and you are not getting the fair market price then you approach the authority of the Govt. Dptt. which is acquiring it and settle the matter in initial stage,and if the Dptt. do not listen you as per the norms specified in Govt. Gazzette then start legal proceedings and demand justice.

If you have any additional query feel it free to contact at girishshringi@gmail.com

Girish Shringi

(Advocate)

pradip shah (partner)     03 July 2011

Dear Girishji,

I own 2265mtr. of land. My factory is established on this land.Factory built up area is 800mtr, and the rest of it is for worker recreation and storage quarters and part open garden. Public Road is planned near my factory. Person whose land is used in public road is alloted 20% (453mts) of land from my owned land as per the records of the new municipal planner. This person is a real-estate agent and might plan to sell-off the land if it is alloted to him. Is there any clause in the law to save my own land from aquisition?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register