LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Keshav Agrawal (STUDENT)     16 June 2011

Obscene Phone Call

My friend recieved a call from her EX boy friend last night and he was full drunk.. though he didnt use any fowl words for her particularly but usd sum s*xual content in his language... HE WAS FULL DRUNK and after she hung up.. he kept on calling again n again d whole night.... so can she file a complaint against him.. can i  know the exact IPC section or act which can be charged on him ...? Please help .. its just to warn him so that he doesnt repeat this in future.. thats the reason i wanna know the exact laws section.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     16 June 2011

Section 509 IPC.  In addition to this, Section 66 of IT Act, where a complaint can be lodged via e-mail.  Further, every metro police has got its own police information No., which is toll free which receives complaints against teasing the girls and women.  you can also lodge your complaint through this number and identity of the informer will be kept secret. 

1 Like

Rajender Dahiya (Partner/Advocate)     16 June 2011

In such cases it is always advisable to file a compalint for threat and harrasment (s*xual) in police station so that o0ffender may immediately be called by police officials to warn him not repeat such things in furture. Do not forget to take diary number when you give complaint in police station.

Team

Lex Ethos

Advocates & Legal Consultants

+91 9560900283

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register