Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Worried Mom (B)     08 June 2011

Eviction without Aggrement

Need Help Please advise ASAP!!!

Me & my husband own a flat in Mumbai which is vacant, My husbands brother passed away and we allowed his wife to move into our house for 2 years, since she needed a place to live in. She has promised to move out in 2 years but we dont think she will move out since her side of the family are not very good people. My question is;Can she legally claim right on our flat? What do we do if she refuses to move-out? We have no written aggrement with her. Is there a law which will protect us ? or Can she claim her right on it? We have paid all payments for this home.

Thanks in Advance.

Learning

4 Replies

Doveson (advocate)     08 June 2011

keep a check on her that she doesnt transfer the utilities to her name. also you can write a letter to the chairman of the society stating that you have allowed your sister in law tostay in your premises gratuituosly due to her personal problems and to take care of her and not bother her for any maintenance dues etc and that the same will be paid by you and to take care of her.

this will safeguard your rights and at the same time not make your sister in law think otherwise.

1 Like

Worried Mom (B)     09 June 2011

Thanks, So if I make sure all utilities and society dues are paid by me then there wont be any risk in this right?

Doveson (advocate)     13 June 2011

no. but make sure you right that letter.

Worried Mom (B)     13 June 2011

Thanks Will do as Advised..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register